Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Stolen at Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Stolen at Horner Road
    Posted: 22 Mar 2004 at 6:00am
I received the following email from an unfortunate slug who had her car stolen at Horner Road on Tuesday, March 16th.

I am a regular Horner Rd “slugger” with the worst luck. In August my car (a ’95 Honda Accord) was broken into, everything…I mean everything that wasn’t tied down was stolen (CD player, CD’s, gym bag etc). So you’d think I’d learn my lesson and not park there anymore…however on Tuesday, March 16th the entire car was stolen, along with another ’96 Honda Accord!!!! You can imagine my frustration.

I am writing you this because I think it is very important to let everyone know and to be on guard. I NEVER thought this could happen, naïve, maybe. Anyways, the PWC police told me it happens all the time. So what are they doing about it? I still haven’t seen that fancy cherry picker contraption in the lots yet. Please, if you could, post something on the main page regarding this matter. I have tried to spread the word and generally people’s first reaction is shock. So I just want people to be aware that the lot is not patrolled (except in the morning to give citations to poor sluggers backing up traffic and to those who park illegally). Go figure.

Thank you sooo much,
Rebecca

glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2004 at 10:08am
If anyone has a point of contact and a phone #, we can all call and voice our concerns. I've only called the main-line, not sure that would go to far.

Cheers,

Glacier
cin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2004 at 4:51pm
I would like a number to call too. The more calls they get, then maybe they will respond!
Kolohe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2004 at 7:51pm
Last winter the licence plates off of my truck were stolen. They were replaced by license plates off of a stolen truck (same make, model and year) from a week earlier, in a different state! Luckily, the person was apprehended since I IMMEDIATELY reported my plates missing to the police. They said that our commuter lots are easy targets for this type of thing, since there are a good number of cars/trucks, etc. all parked in an area that is relatively unpatrolled.

Their only suggestion was to beware, AND to get personalized plates. With personalized plates, you are much more likely to recognize immediately that the incorrect plates are on your vehicle.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2004 at 12:35pm
Kolohe, sounds like someone's trying to pass the buck [8]. I mean, personalized plates maybe a "quick" way to notice the plates are gone, but if the lot was patrolled, I'm srue this too would decrease the chance of the plates being swiped...am I right? [:0] [;)]
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2004 at 5:44am
I'm meeting with PWC Police this morning (Wednesday, 24 Mar) and I will meantion this. Maybe they can increase their patrols through the lot.
Slugger24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugger24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2004 at 9:46am
Regrading the Slug lines at Horner Rd Lot in the mornings - I think that we need to use more of the inside parking lot i.e. the aisles to let drivers, who are picking up slugs, flow through the parking lot so that more "drivers" can be accomodated. About 3/4 into the line of "driver traffic flow" the slugs can be standing. If this is coordinated so that it happens around cars that are already parked, the line of cars should not interfere with people looking to park.
If someone can do a drawing of the lot and use the 1st entrance into the lot and get the flow of "driver" traffic to come down and around the back of the lot and then out at the next lot opening this may help. Maybe a time can be designated to begin the "alternate" flow of "driver" traffic like at 7 a.m. to ease the crowding out on the 2 lane thoroughfare. This morning many slugs jumped the long slug line becuase the front end did not know where drivers where going that were 5 or so cars back in the line. There is not enough room on that sidwalk for riders to (1)get into the line (2) get into the cars (3)wait for a ride -- all at once. Thank you
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2004 at 12:52pm
I was talking to a driver one morning and told me that there are 16 cars stolen daily in a metro station in Maryland(don't remember exactly which one), with metro station security patrolling and everything. I don't know if this is true but we definetely have to do something here before it gets out of hand. I've seen busted windows. However this is the first time I heard a case of a stolen car.
Ralph TGI View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph TGI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2004 at 1:57pm
I hate Horner Lot. Two years ago, my Honda was broken into and parts, including my Bumper were Stolen. You would think I had I learned my lesson, so I parked closer to the street, so it would be visible. Obviously to visible for my stereo to be stolen. So I called PWC cops and it took them forever to come and I needed to pick my son up from the day care, so I had to go. Oh yeah, I do have an ALARM, which they opened the hood and detached my battery.

After learning my Lesson I have been going to Potomac Mills, which is GREAT. One day I was running late and that is the only place that will pick up aroung 8am. So I had to be at work. I parked behind a car on one of the side part of the lot VISIBLE to the Street, but there was still some snow piles there. So, we couldn't hug the curb.. I figured if that person was there, then I could park there. Came back in the Evening and the car was not there. This SUCKS. First thing that went through my head, was the car was stolen. Turns out they TOWED it. Why couldn't they just have given me a prking ticket or a warning. PWC meter maids suck. Tuned out to be a $135 just to get my car out.

I will never ever park in that hole again..

Potomac Mills is the way to go SECURITY is GREAT and NO HUNTING for PARKING..
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2004 at 3:44pm
Obviously, there are greater chances to steal a car, stereos, bumpers and county stickers at Horner because there is no patrolling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic