Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Road 14/18 lines need to be split!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 95slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Road 14/18 lines need to be split!
    Posted: 29 Mar 2004 at 9:29am
This morning was just awful. There were about 25 people in line, 15 cars waiting. The riders in front were all 14th, the cars in front were all 18th, and no one was moving. I can't understand why the people in the front of the line would rather stand there for 10 minutes waiting for one of the cars in the back of the line to get up to them. I used to slug from Old Hechinger's, and this seems to be mainly a Horner Road phenomenon.

If people can't start walking to their ride, the lines need to be split. Pentagon/CC has done it, we can too. There's plenty of room to move either 14th or 18th cars to the parking lot on the right side of the bus stop, and sluggers can all stay in the same line. Not sure how we go about doing this - maybe post a sign directing cars into the lot at that last driveway before the bus stop?

pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2004 at 9:49am
Hi 95. This is being discussed on the main Slug-Lines.com page, and in the General Topics - Prince William Police...forum. A movement is afoot to split up these lines. I think it's just a matter of time before it's done.

I agree that, until then, people upfront should definitely walk the line if the cars upfront aren't going where they are! [:)]
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2004 at 12:14pm
This topic has already being discussed before. I agree with you that people upfront should walk to the cars if cars upfront aren't their destinations.
Amanda View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2004 at 1:46pm
In regards to the proposal for the Split of 14th/18th street lines at Horner Road, I'm in for option 2 or 3
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2004 at 2:54pm
Please direct your votes to the Admin's thread. Authorities will monitor them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic