Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWashington Post reporter seeks help on hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 7:29am
Thanks for the information Wagonman. This is very interesting. Actually the article probably doesn't apply to Hybrids owners in our area, mainly because they aren't in it for the gas mileage. HOV access is the only concern around here as indicated by several posts on this site. At any rate, it just goes to show that with almost anything, it isn't always what it's cracked up to be.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 8:23am
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]Thanks for the information Wagonman. This is very interesting. Actually the article probably doesn't apply to Hybrids owners in our area, mainly because they aren't in it for the gas mileage. HOV access is the only concern around here as indicated by several posts on this site. At any rate, it just goes to show that with almost anything, it isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

I don't know about that........I have some colleagues from Maryland who drive hybrids, and they're not eligible for the HOV lanes. It would be fair to say that hybrid owners who live along the I-95 or I-66 corridor are likely in it for the HOV access, but I think you paint with too broad a brush. (No, I don't have a hybrid--the ones on the market are too small for my taste.)
churchlady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 8:51am
Our family has driven a Civic Hybrid for 15 months. Most of the time DH drives it and gets around 48 mpg, less if the A/C runs much or in very cold weather. His commute is a combo of I-95 and beltway.f When I have the car I get around 44-45 mpg going from Horner to the Pentagon.
motownldy199 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motownldy199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 2:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by churchlady
[br]Our family has driven a Civic Hybrid for 15 months. Most of the time DH drives it and gets around 48 mpg, less if the A/C runs much or in very cold weather. His commute is a combo of I-95 and beltway.f When I have the car I get around 44-45 mpg going from Horner to the Pentagon.

And I get 48.5 MPG on average for my Beltway commute. Under optimal conditions, I've gotten 50.0 for my Prisu. It all depends on driving style, climate, etc. You run the and a host of other things that most people don't look at. We bought the hybrid for the mileage--and the gas savings.
motownldy199 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motownldy199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 2:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by churchlady
[br]Our family has driven a Civic Hybrid for 15 months. Most of the time DH drives it and gets around 48 mpg, less if the A/C runs much or in very cold weather. His commute is a combo of I-95 and beltway.f When I have the car I get around 44-45 mpg going from Horner to the Pentagon.

And I get 48.5 MPG on average for my Beltway commute. Under optimal conditions, I've gotten 50.0 for my Prisu. It all depends on driving style, climate, etc. You run the and a host of other things that most people don't look at. We bought the hybrid for the mileage--and the gas savings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic