Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fed up on toll road? email: slug@cox.net

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 3:30pm
LD... More specifics, please. What time did you come through? Was it the 980 stop? Did there appear to be interest amongst others in the line? Was there any flack from the bus personnel?

I drive downtown two days a week, and it would be nice to use 66 and the HOV.
LisaDeanna View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaDeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 3:39pm
I came through at around 7:50 am. No trouble from the bus personnel that I noticed. I have to admit I was a bit flustered since it was my first time taking a slug, much less in an area not terribly familiar with the concept. I held up my sign reading "Ride to Rosslyn" for less than a minute and someone took the opportunity.

I pulled up to the kiss n ride area just across from the line where people wait for the 980 to WFC.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 3:50pm
That's good to know. I'll have to make up a sign and try my luck on my next drive through. Thanks.
aub_stokes View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aub_stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 12:05pm
There are still a few Slugs looking for drivers at Herndon Monroe. I know of at least five that go to Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom area.
I commute in to Union Station and typically arive at Herndon-Momnroe around 7:15.
If there are any drivers that make it through at that time, let me know.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 1:48pm
That's a little late for my schedule. I normally pass through around 0640-0650, so if anyone is interested in catching a ride, keep an eye out for a black RAV4.
webbuzzard View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webbuzzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 6:17pm
We have a carpool going to Union Station area. leave h/m at 700am. We're looking for riders. anybody there interested? Remember it's only 20 minutes to DC.

slug@cox.net
LisaDeanna View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaDeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 12:53pm
Just wanted to say how much I am ENJOYING being a slug driver from Herndon. Although I am getting some puzzled looks from folks waiting for the 980 who don't know about slugging, my passengers have been lovely, and my stress level is SO much lower than it used to be on the days I need to have my car in the city. I have already met a number very kind and interesting people. And while I've had to wait a few minutes to find a rider on several days, I've still come out WAY ahead in commutting time.

Yay slugging!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 1:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by LisaDeanna
[br]Just wanted to say how much I am ENJOYING being a slug driver from Herndon. Although I am getting some puzzled looks from folks waiting for the 980 who don't know about slugging, my passengers have been lovely, and my stress level is SO much lower than it used to be on the days I need to have my car in the city. I have already met a number very kind and interesting people. And while I've had to wait a few minutes to find a rider on several days, I've still come out WAY ahead in commutting time.

Yay slugging!

I'm sure we all congratulate you LisaDeanna. It is a pleasure to know someone is thrilled to part of something we all have an interest in. Keep up the positive attitude![:p]
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 2:33pm
LisaDeanna is right, the slugging experience has been great from H-M. I drive on the days I have school, and like LD I've had to wait a few minutes and endure the "what are you doing" looks from people standing in line for the 980. But once I've got my slug, the drive has been great. The slug stories have been enlightening, and if slugging could get going as well as they are from the south, this could be a GREAT alternative to the higher rates of Metro.

If there are people reading this who drive the Toll Road in the morning to go downtown and you're not driving HOV, why not stop and pick up a slug? You're already driving, and it'll make your drive quicker, if not shorter.

This is not gardening... A slug IS your friend!! [8D]
WebmasterMama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebmasterMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 3:14pm
Are you doing this everyday now? I'm going into Rosslyn and it would be a nice change. I'm not familiar with where this place his - the H-M, but, wouldn't mind giving it a try especially on the mornings where I've been out late the night before. [8D]

quote:
Originally posted by LisaDeanna
[br]Success on the Toll Road!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic