Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Afternoon Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oso99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Afternoon Slugs
    Posted: 20 Apr 2004 at 4:55pm
My wife and I typcially pick up a slug at the Pentagon in the afternoon to go to 234... we've noticed that sometimes, despite lots of cars and lots of people in line at some of the lines (especially Horner Road, and sometimes 234), that slugs just stand there and wait for EACH AND EVERY car to get its slug and move on before they even approach that car... wouldn't it be faster, when there is a surplus of people and cars, for folks to approach the cars in order to not cotninue to backlog the line (for both the slugs and the cars)??? Is there a slug "protocol" I am missing here?????
Gold89 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 6:38am
At least there's a driver out there that feels the same way I do...and I just slug. Come on people, don't stand there like a lump of coal. Be proactive and just maybe the line will move quicker and you will get home sooner.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 9:02am
I agree. Move and get home faster.

Cheers,

Glacier
Oso99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oso99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 1:35pm
Thanks for the clarification.... the line needs to move!! Folks are too comfortable waiting for cars to come to them!
Barb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 2:35pm
I agree, I thought one of the purpose was to be able to get home sooner than later. Do you need a ride or not.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 3:40pm
It's just common sense. Blow up the mountain! ;p
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic