Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The slug has human rights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The slug has human rights
    Posted: 20 Apr 2004 at 9:19pm
The rules say the slug cannot request change in airconditioning.Well it was in the 80s on4/19/04 and the driver had only one window slightly open and NO air on! I was roasting in the back. I had to say something.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 7:17am
So what did the driver do?
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 8:53am
Quote from the rules board: Normally, the slug does not open or close the window.

If your roasting, I guess it's not normal. I would have done the same. All they can say is no. As a driver and a rider, I realize some drivers just don't get it: drivers need riders just as much as riders need drivers. Common sense, but ......

Cheers,

Glacier
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 12:38pm
Sorry, but I agree with MC. I've seen people get violently ill [V] when they get too hot. I'm sure the "driver" would much rather cool off the interior than hose it out [:0]
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 12:41pm
Some drivers don't pay much attention to what's going on around them.
Juli View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 1:21pm
I would much rather have someone speak up than have my car and plates posted on a DO NOT RIDE list. You had better believe they will be comfortable and be trying to ride in my car!
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 2:51pm
I try to give a nice comfortable ride, however I had a lady in the back seat one evening and I had the air on ( as low as possible might I add)instead of asking me I could possibly turn the air down some, she opens my back window, I didn't notice until we got on the beltway that the window was open because of the noise from the wind, I said excuse me I do have the air on, she says I KNOW I JUST NEED TO MIX A LITTLE WARM AIR WITH IT, the lady up front looked over at me she rides with me all the time and she knows I don't play when it comes to my car, I rolled the window up and put the child lock on and turned the key on my lips,cause let me tell you when I get started I can do some damage to some feelings.wheather a rider needs and driver or a driver need a rider,when you get into someone's vehicle you should show respect,as the saying goes I pay the cost to be the boss.I started driving in everyday a few months ago and having been on Both sides I do now understand some of the frustration some drivers have with some of the people ( not all) they pick up, some slugs can really try to test you.

Mrs. B
mc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 8:12pm
Well I told her it was very hot and asked her to turn on the air. She rolled her eyes at me and turned it on.Then made a commit to her friend and said she liked fresh air. Well the only little bit of air that was coming in that front cracked window was humid heat. Then halfway home turned it back off.Ive learned if the car is hot when I open the door I won't assume it will cool off and won't get in!
PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 8:39am
As a driver, I make a point to tell everyone to let me know if they get uncomfortable, temperature wise, and to feel free to move the vents around. Please speak up! Backseat riders are not feeling the same air as the front seat riders......Please speak up if it's too hot or too cold! We (the drivers) don't know unless you tell us. MOST drivers will do their very best to make you comfortable (there are exceptions to every rule - but at least try by asking) I would rather you tell me that somethings not right than to read stuff like this....no one should suffer on their ride in.......please speak up! And If you get a rude driver - place them on the "DO NOT RIDE" list!
dhdslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhdslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 9:35am
Where is the DO NOT RIDE list?[?]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic