Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How is the Horner Road Split Working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
slowdown View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 7:29am
So far this is a big pain. Especially for those that do not slug and meet carpool members. The line is right at the entrance to the lot and causes people to stop at the entrance to the lot. Let's see... I almost got hit entering the lot. Now, you have the new cars racing through that portion of the lot to find a "Close" parking space or to pick up a slug. #2, I almost "T-boned" someone racing out of an isle as I was traveling on the main isle. Thank God I know how idiots race through that lot and I was paying attention and was able to slam on my brakes and miss hitting him by about 5 inches. I'd say that gentleman was very lucking, he was in a very small white car and I was in a very large 2 ton pickup truck. Can people just slow down, remember who has the right away, and pay attention to what they are doing... Maybe moving the line to the curb would reduce the number of cars flying through the lot to pick up slugs.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 6:24am
Although it has only been one day, I would like to get feedback on how the Horner Road slug line split is working. I understand that the first day was somewhat confusing because not everyone was aware of the change.

In a way, slugging was a victim of its own success. As its popularity grew, the volume of cars became a problem as they spilled out onto Telegraph Road. When this happened and it became a real safety issue, the police had to step in to redirect traffic and issue citations. So, something needed to be done to prevent this from happening again.

The options presented were those of slugs and drivers (NOT VDOT or PWC). All the options presented were great and each could have worked to solve the problem. The option to keep 14th,L'Enfant, and Navy Yard together but use the perimeter of the commuter lot to stage cars had the most support so that is what was started on Wednesday, 21 April.

The one complaint thus far has been the slightly longer walk to the line and standing in the parking area itself (instead of on the curb). If it would be safer, the line could move to the curb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic