Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talkers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 4:25pm
Harlean, I'm afraid you're overeacting. NewYorker wasn't trying to be racist. He just pointed out the fact that your responses are a little bit aggresive.
The fact that you don't see a problem talking on the cellphone without letting the driver known is rude. Even if the driver denied the request it's his/her perogative because you're riding in his/her car.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 4:35pm
TIME OUT!!! CHANGE SUBJECTS. OBVIOUSLY HARLEAN "DOES NOT" GET IT! NOT WORTH TRYING TO EXPLAIN ANY FURTHER[:D]
argentinian_belle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argentinian_belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 5:03pm
I have to agree with Phuncadelic... we're not to do personal things at work (where we're at for at least 8 -9 hours a day), and then we can't do it on the way home because a driver or a rider might be disturbed, when are you supposed to do it? when you're in the kitchen cooking for the family and trying to spend sometime with them before you go to bed so you can get up the next morning to go work another long day?? i dont see what's so wrong with carring a conversation. why are people being so antisocial nowadays????

quote:
Originally posted by phuncadelic
[br]Does it really matter that other sluggers are having a conversation in the car? Or that someone is talking on their Cell phone? The whole idea of not speaking until spoken to.... isnt that idea like 100 years old. unless the conversationis rude, vulgur etc. I have no problem with it. I both ride and drive.

glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 5:04pm
Slugbug,

I need to respectfully disagree, we should not change the subject. This is the most entertaining thread I've seen in a long time. Just think of Harlean as a free laugh.

RoadRunner: Please excuse my bluntness, but may I suggest the Evyln Woodhead Sped Redden Course to bring you up to speed in the international language of English

Cheers,

Glacier
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 7:11pm
argentinian belle - I don't see it as people being antisocial. Most people are social at work for the entire day and see the car as their moment of peace and quiet before they go home to their spouse, kids, or whom/whatever. I don't really know how you ask someone not to speak in your car, but if everyone uses some common sense and courtesy, it then becomes a moot issue.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 7:58am
quote:
Originally posted by argentinian_belle
[br]I have to agree with Phuncadelic... we're not to do personal things at work (where we're at for at least 8 -9 hours a day), and then we can't do it on the way home because a driver or a rider might be disturbed, when are you supposed to do it? when you're in the kitchen cooking for the family and trying to spend sometime with them before you go to bed so you can get up the next morning to go work another long day?? i dont see what's so wrong with carring a conversation. why are people being so antisocial nowadays????

I think this can be handled easily. If you want to do personal things on your way to/from work, then drive yourself. That will give you 1-2 hours of time each way to take care of them before you're bogged down by the office or family. Pick up slugs if you want to use the HOV lanes, but that cuts down on the personal time.

The point is people are being extremely rude by carrying on prolonged conversations on their cell phones in a confined area with a captive audience to NOT enjoy it. This can go both ways, driver and slugs, but the driver is the one putting out the cash in gas, wear/tear, and parking at the work end, so he/she should get a LITTLE slack.

While slugs are doing the driver a service in allowing for the use of HOV lanes, they are STILL GUESTS in the vehicle. How many of us would go to a stranger's house, plop down in the living room, and fire up our cell phone for a prolonged, sometimes loud, conversation? Didn't think so. Why do it in the car?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 10:53am
Argentinian belle, yes, you're not to do personal things at work. That's what your lunch time is for. And it's not being anti-social. It's having good manners.
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 11:34am
Has anyone noticed that this web site has become less informative and more of a complaint department. It seems as though there's not as much work being done as we might hope the boss thinks we do. Our complaints seem to encompass Hybrids, cell phones, violators of the HOV and rude behavior. Does that about sum it up?
argentinian_belle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argentinian_belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 11:36am
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]Argentinian belle, yes, you're not to do personal things at work. That's what your lunch time is for. And it's not been anti-social. It's having good manners.

well, let me explain myself a little better, I don't mean to say that it's ok to talk on the cell phone for the whole entire trip, but i dont think it's fair to limiting the calls to a simple "will be there in 20" either.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 12:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by argentinian_belle
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]Argentinian belle, yes, you're not to do personal things at work. That's what your lunch time is for. And it's not being anti-social. It's having good manners.

well, let me explain myself a little better, I don't mean to say that it's ok to talk on the cell phone for the whole entire trip, but i dont think it's fair to limiting the calls to a simple "will be there in 20" either.

What I'd do is to ask the driver if he/she cares before I'd attempt to make a phone call because I'm a guest in their car. And yes, a brief conversation would be a plus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic