Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talkers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2004 at 9:11pm
Personally, I just think all this talk about "rules" is kind of silly. Not having a drawn-out conversation on the cell phone, not blaring the radio, etc. is pure common sense. Granted, many people lack this gene [:)], but anyone who would pay attention to the "rules" is probably someone who has enough common sense not to do these things anyway.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 8:16am
I'm inclined to agree with "Luv". It's up to the "seasoned" sluggers to put the word out to the new sluggers on how the system is "suppose" to work. I personally suggest, when asked by newcomers, that they get in, say hello, and sit back and go with the flow (within reason of course). I also tell them about the Slug-Lines.com website as a place for information, suggestions, and a good laugh every now-and-then. Didn't mean to sound like a public service announcement [;)], but it true. Anyway, Luv is on the right track.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 12:07pm
This website, not only the rules of engagement, but the message boards can provide new slugs with a wealth of information. If I am aware a slug is relatively new, I will direct him/her to this site. I think its an excellent site.
RW View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 2:58pm
I found a quick solution to the talking problem. I wear ear plugs. Not only can I not hear anyone if they talk to me, but I don't have to listen to the radio or anything else. This Really helps my ride to and from work to be an enjoyable one.

rw
phuncadelic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuncadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 2:59pm
Does it really matter that other sluggers are having a conversation in the car? Or that someone is talking on their Cell phone? The whole idea of not speaking until spoken to.... isnt that idea like 100 years old. unless the conversationis rude, vulgur etc. I have no problem with it. I both ride and drive.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuncadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 3:01pm
Does it really matter that other sluggers are having a conversation in the car? Or that someone is talking on their Cell phone? The whole idea of not speaking until spoken to.... isnt that idea like 100 years old. unless the conversationis rude, vulgur etc. I have no problem with it. I both ride and drive.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuncadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 3:02pm
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 3:10pm
Phuncadelic...I guess you really mean it. You said it thrice [:D].

I believe you, I really do!
FromWoodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 4:37pm
As an occasional driver and frequent rider, I have been in cars where there have been conversations. There have been times when I asked if someone was ready, and they wanted to talk a lot on the way home. Many times I don't mind because I think people are interesting - even if I don't agree with them. My only beef is that I don't like long cell phone calls.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 4:42pm
To be honest.......There have been days that I drive...and I'll be exhausted on the drive home.....and I PRAY that I pick up some talkative Slugs!!!![:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic