Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talkers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 12:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by Max_28756
[br]Has anyone noticed that this web site has become less informative and more of a complaint department. It seems as though there's not as much work being done as we might hope the boss thinks we do. Our complaints seem to encompass Hybrids, cell phones, violators of the HOV and rude behavior. Does that about sum it up?

I've noticed it too. However, I think discussions and complaints are also informative. [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 1:17pm
Max - as you point out, this site has been filled with mostly complaints for some time now. It's complaints and some who treat this as a chat room who it make the site seem less useful than it was before. Case in point - on another thread someone asked about Pentagon drop offs. One of the replies was "I don't know". Well if you don't know, why reply???

Luckily, there are still enough helpful people here who understand that this site is a resource.
jenna703 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenna703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 1:27pm
Maybe Drivers (like myself) should write on our side windows:

Today, I feel:______, Please do/do not talk to me. If you choose to talk on the phone while I drive, I will "accidently" spill coffee on you or turn my radio up reeeaaaalllly loud. I have rights too, especially since I'm driving...if you don't like it, then too bad...wait for another car. [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by chinquapin
[br]Well put, Roadrunner. Harlean's attitude could qualify her as a charter member of a "do not pick up" list.
[;)]

ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 3:43pm
quote:
Originally posted by DC2RV
[br]Max - as you point out, this site has been filled with mostly complaints for some time now. It's complaints and some who treat this as a chat room who it make the site seem less useful than it was before. Case in point - on another thread someone asked about Pentagon drop offs. One of the replies was "I don't know". Well if you don't know, why reply???

Luckily, there are still enough helpful people here who understand that this site is a resource.

1. The useful thing about the complaints is maybe someone who reads this site might recognize their boorish behavior and change. They also help provide comic relief in a stressful day.

2. I've noticed the same thing about useless comments. I've noticed a couple users particularly guilty of said actions (like the comment "hmmmmm"). Maybe they're trying to run up their post count so they can get more stars by their name.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2004 at 8:13pm
Please excuse my semi-worthless comment, but ronin, my friend, I believe you've hit the nail right on the head. I feel better that I'm not the only one who has been annoyed by this. [:)]

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718

2. I've noticed the same thing about useless comments. I've noticed a couple users particularly guilty of said actions (like the comment "hmmmmm"). Maybe they're trying to run up their post count so they can get more stars by their name.

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2004 at 9:48pm
Hmmmmm, good point, thanks, me too, i don't know, ditto, what he/she said ...

I'm not going to confirm that one of my annoyances is "e" followed by 8 letters because I'm not certain of the gender of said individual. However, I will say that one of the major annoyances, are posts by an "a" preceded by 8 letters. (184 posts and counting since December 03.)

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 7:51am
quote:
[br]Has anyone noticed that this web site has become less informative and more of a complaint department. It seems as though there's not as much work being done as we might hope the boss thinks we do. Our complaints seem to encompass Hybrids, cell phones, violators of the HOV and rude behavior. Does that about sum it up?

Yeh, I've noticed the site; however, just think, ten years ago, we wouldn't even be discussing these issues. These sites actually are a benefit for everyone. I think it gives everyone a chance to voice their own opinion. These posts could go a long ways in getting stuff done in some cases. I say "keep on griping". Thanks[8D]
phuncadelic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuncadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 8:31am
I definately agree with jenna703 the only way to solve this problem would be to put a sign up!

quote:
Originally posted by jenna703
[br]Maybe Drivers (like myself) should write on our side windows:

Today, I feel:______, Please do/do not talk to me. If you choose to talk on the phone while I drive, I will "accidently" spill coffee on you or turn my radio up reeeaaaalllly loud. I have rights too, especially since I'm driving...if you don't like it, then too bad...wait for another car. [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by chinquapin
[br]Well put, Roadrunner. Harlean's attitude could qualify her as a charter member of a "do not pick up" list.
[;)]

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 8:39am
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]
quote:

Yeh, I've noticed the site; however, just think, ten years ago, we wouldn't even be discussing these issues. These sites actually are a benefit for everyone. I think it gives everyone a chance to voice their own opinion. These posts could go a long ways in getting stuff done in some cases. I say "keep on griping". Thanks[8D]

Well put, vabigblue!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic