Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC Police Shut Down 7th @ D Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert E. Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC Police Shut Down 7th @ D Line
    Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 9:04am
Jan 8 - D.C. Police denied any vehicle the right to stop and collect riders this evening for Springfield, Burke, or points south on I-95. Police cite traffic congestion caused by waiting drivers. Problem is compounded by Government vehicles parked in curb lane outside GSA building on D Street, S.W. during rush hour. They need to be removed.

Please spread word and make appropriate contacts. We need to have line re-opened ASAP. Hundreds of people use this location every night! Thanks, Bob Davis
Connie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2004 at 10:49am
Who should we contact about this? Congressional reps? I was told it was government police who shut down the lines not DC police - fortunately, I had gotten a ride already and missed this.
ven View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2004 at 11:49am
OPEN NOW- The 7 & D Slug Line to Springfield/Rolling Valley is open now, thanks to the good work of many people who took up the matter at the appropriate level immediately. Enjoy the ride.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic