Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Take Three" Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 4:43pm
Okay, I can see the point. [8)]
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 7:46am
quote:
Originally posted by pb1974
[br]I'm sure she was late, too, va, but that's no excuse. I was running late also. But as the woman behind me said to me, if you're going to get that upset, get there earlier.

That's right, it's no excuse at all. This is the kind of rider who will talk on their cell phones all the way in or all the way home not to mention yelling at other slugs to get her a ride. Maybe she should be appointed to stand in front and yell "all aboard" when cars drive up.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2005 at 7:36am
This should answer your question
werlau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werlau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 7:23pm
It was mentioned previously that taking 3 slugs "upsets the balance" and leaves less riders for drivers later on. However, I have noticed that many drivers to/from Springfield/Pentagon routinely take a extra passengers both in the morning and afternoon. Wouldn't the balance still be the same in this case? And in many lines, the distribution of cars going to each lot is not equal. In the Springfield line at the Pentagon, it is a rare occasion to see a car asking for Daventry--thus can you blame the slugs in line for asking for a third rider? They shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a willing driver just to keep the balance for drivers that are leaving later on. Slugs don't know where the next car(s) is going and we want to get home just as quickly as the driver!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 7:41am
You're getting a free ride, a nap, time to read, etc.

Yelling at the driver, walking up and opening the door to ask if he or she will take 3 is plain rude.

It bugs me when the person in front takes 3, leaves one, and I have to wait.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic