Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid CX Plates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2004 at 11:57am
Violators? Last time I checked they were well within the established law to ride on the HOV lanes with one person in the car.

quote:
Originally posted by Geezehead
[br]Hybrid owners that choose to drive themselves in the HOV lanes are nothing more than HOV violators with a little extra money to burn. With that said, there are exceptions (those who have wild commutes like from the south over to Tysons, etc) but to those who continue up 395 into our city, shame on you. Pick up some folks, help out society, be a citizen. I realize the law allows your behavior, but you all know the system and it works great, don't be so self absorbed. And, if not the only cause of the heavy traffic over the past year, hybrids are a major contributor. Everyone knows that while creeping along with our passengers we count 3, 4, and 5 hybirds sitting within a few car lengths of each other. I'm all for the environment, and hybrids in general, but put some bodies in there people. OK?

ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2004 at 10:17pm
Whooooooo -- HOV Violators with a little extra money to burn???? Now THAT is a heck of a comment.

I guess I'm glad that I'm one of those that has to drive from the South over to Tysons ... I'm able to escape the wrath of Geezehead.

Some facts ... we aren't HOV violators, we are following the law to the letter. Hybrids are NOT that expensive ... way less than a huge gas guzzling, 7 passenger (only carrying 2 in the HOV) SUV. Since trading in my 2002 Mazda 626, I'm actually SAVING by driving a 2003 Hybrid. The monthly payment itself was higher by a smidge, but the monthly gas cost is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, especially with today's gas prices.

I keep a very close eye on the congested HOV lanes. Violators ... the real ones ... are the biggest issue. Today, I counted NO LESS than FIFTY between Lorton and the HOV exit in Dumfries. FIFTY violators, without CF plates, including trucks/sports cars/vans/ETC. Fifty violators in a 15 mile span ... a drive that took me 20 minutes around 3:30 p.m. I can only imagine how much exponentially that number grows from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

ScarletLSG
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 7:47am
Just curious, ScarletLSG, but which side of 3:30 was it when you say "around 3:30 p.m."? Since the restrictions don't start until 3:30 pm, you could have been counting cars that were legally in the HOV lanes.
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 9:16am
I guessing her point is they should be off by 330 but they are not. They just continue on and on and on!
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 10:22am
I hit Springfield at 3:40 p.m. ... Lorton about 5 minutes later ... non-HOV3 should have exited at this exit by this time. (Should have exited before Springfield, but hey, I'll buy that everyone's clock is synchronized differently. I started counting cars at Lorton and stopped at Dumfries ... at FIFTY!!!! Also during this timeframe, I saw NO violators pulled over. Maybe the police are taking a break to gear up for the big July 1 - tougher restrictions?

ScarletLSG

quote:
Originally posted by gatewayslug
[br]Just curious, ScarletLSG, but which side of 3:30 was it when you say "around 3:30 p.m."? Since the restrictions don't start until 3:30 pm, you could have been counting cars that were legally in the HOV lanes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic