Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wednesday closures near Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday closures near Pentagon
    Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 8:27am
Does anyone know if there will be any closures affecting the Pentagon South Parking Lot and the southbound HOV access late in the afternoon? I usually come from Ballston area via Washington Blvd and do the suicide manouver to cross three lanes of traffic to enter the South Lot for slugs/HOV access.

I am trying to plan my departure time to avoid closings. I do have the hybrid today but will consider swinging by the slug line if there's a need for drivers.

My private sector employer has decided to be open on Friday. Does anyone have a sense of whether there will be problems getting to points in Arlington on Fri.?
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 9:47am
I don't have any direct knowledge; however, I have been in contact with MPD and the Capitol Police and they indicate the immediate vicinity of Constitution Avenue from the Capitol to just east of 23rd Street is ground zero. I would think the portions of Arlington, Rossyln and the Pentagon would not be effected by an unusual amount of traffic, but you never know around here.
lor View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 11:22am
I was wondering about this too. I slug from Pentagon to Potomac Mills. I'm wondering if people are going to be leaving early to avoid the traffic situation. I wonder if it's worth going to Pentagon to slug home, or if it's a better bet to ride all the way to Franc/Springfield metro and take advantage of the free OmniRide buses...
gk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 11:31am
i was considering the same 2 options as i need to get to potomac mills too. if i can't get a ride to potomac mills from the pentagon, i'll just ride to horner and take the bus from there.
jc9 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 1:06pm
From this driver, I still plan to pick up at the Pentagon this afternoon for 234. I hope not all the sluggers plan to take the bus!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic