Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

POCs for Official Complaints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POCs for Official Complaints
    Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 9:33am
I hope this doesn’t come across as lazy, but I was hoping we could post official contact information in one place for writing letters for complaints. I have read different threads naming Congressional POCs, or Pentagon transportation service, but there are so many threads, I wouldn’t know where to find them when actually LOOKING for them…It’s time to start writing letters!

The HOV lanes have gotten so bad, I am just about at my wits end. There hasn’t been a day in WEEKS that I haven’t had to go into 2nd gear in my manual shift car – that’s ridiculous on a highway. I travel from Dumfries to Arlington and since working in the Metro area nearly 2 years ago, I have upped my morning departure by at least 45 minutes because of congestion…although it’s still getting worse and I can’t leave any earlier b/c HOV restriction doesn’t START until 6:00am!

The obvious problems are cheaters, hybrids being about 1/3 the # cars in HOV, and law enforcement vehicles. Note: the obvious problems are all single riders!!! I work very hard to obey the restrictions - its deflating to see that 2 of the list above are ALLOWED to ignore the restricions.

So who would I write to regarding the Hybrid law, general commuting complaints, or extending the HOV restriction times? Everyone is putting so much stock in the “Mixing Bowl” but who are we kidding, by the time it’s finished, we’ll already be overdue for a better solution. Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic