Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling Valley Drivers That Cut In Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling Valley Drivers That Cut In Line
    Posted: 19 May 2002 at 6:06am
Riders - please pass up and ignore any of the cars that use the side aisles to cut ahead of all the drivers already in line. In particular, there is a green Ford van that goes up 14th St. every morning about 720-730. When I informed the driver one morning that personal integrity really plays big in the slug world he told me that he didn't give a *#!#*! about integrity or conformity and rolled up his window as his companion held up her 14th St. sign and stole another rider from all of us who had been waiting ten or fifteen minutes.

Please, think about how you feel when you've been waiting on line for ten minutes and someone walks up and jumps into a car ahead of you. Pass these vermin up, and maybe even mention to them to get in line with everyone else.

Thank you kindly.

ECM
Ern View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2002 at 7:52am
As a rider, I'm with you 100%. I'm disappointed to hear that there are riders who will accomodate those who cut in front of other drivers. Taking your suggestion by passing up riding with such people is the answer, along with informing riders of the unfairness (it's amazing that these people can't figure this out on their own). Along the same lines, for lines where everyone is going to the same destination, if there are only a few people in line and more than a few cars, riders need to be aware that if a driver needs two people, three should not get into the same vehicle when there other cars waiting.

CatWillow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWillow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2002 at 9:27am
Line-cutting by drivers is a growing problem at Rolling Valley. I see it between 6:50 and 7:05am when I'm waiting for a ride. Some drivers even sneak along one of the parking lanes parallel and close to Old Keene Mill, then turn left so they're heading the wrong way down the exit, and turn left into the main pick-up. This strikes me as dangerous in addition to being rude.

I have passed up many cars because of practices like this, and told some why as well. I think it's crucial to let the drivers know why they're being shunned, despite the risk of verbal abuse. Some may have no care for safety or etiquette, but others may simply be following "everyone else" and not realize that there's supposed to be only one line. And of course we should thank drivers who are obeying the accepted rules.

What do you think-- should a "caller" ignore the cutting cars too, not calling their destinations out to the rest of the line? Or simply inform them of where the line actually is for the next time, and still call the destination that day?

CatWillow
RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2002 at 11:26am
Absolutely the caller should inform the driver that there is one line and not call out his destination. If the destination is called out, some people are bound to continue the practice.

Cas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2002 at 12:47pm
I agree with RM. Because it isn't likely that the same caller will be there the next time the person drives up, if the destination is called out and you're dealing with the "purposeful" offender, they will continue the practice. It is unfortunate for those drivers who truly don't know, but my observations have been that the drivers who do this know that they are cutting. Their excuse is that they are running late....like every day!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic