Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masinick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge questions...
    Posted: 28 May 2002 at 5:32pm
Hi all, I'm starting my new job with the Patent Office on Monday morning (June 3rd) in Crystal City and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get there and how long it will take. I live right between the 95/123 lot and the Tackets Mill lot. Is one of those lots generally better than the other for getting to Crystal City? What time should I arrive at the lot if I want to be at Crystal City around 7:45 AM? I'm finally making the big move to the government! Thanks for the help.

Mike

Eric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2002 at 10:47pm
I don't normally leave that early, but I think you'll find that the actual ride is about a half-hour or so. If you're driving you'll probably need to allow additional time for waiting in line to get slugs.

The thing that may be confusing is that Tackett's has always been a single line lot, meaning that drivers for all locations form a single line. I've been using Tackett's for years and this system works very well when people don't cheat. Pentagon slugs wait at the head of the line, as they are the vast majority and most of the cars are also going to the Pentagon. Slugs for Crystal City or Rosslyn are SUPPOSED to 'walk the line', usually with signs. This ensures that a driver for one of these destinations generally gets their slugs before reaching the front of the line, and they get going.

The confusing thing is that recently some folks have taken it upon themselves to violate slugging etiquette and cut in line by forming a second line at the spot where cars can turn into the northern or southern halves of the lot.

Unfortunately, this behavior has become well-entrenched at certain times of the morning. You'll have to decide for yourself where you stand on this.

- Eric.

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 8:09am
Pentagon, Crystal City and Rosslyn slugs and drivers use the Tackett's Mill lot and things run rather smoothly. Eric is correct that the 'single line' has recently split into two, one for Pentagon and one for Crystal City & Rosslyn. You'll find that it is rather efficient. Print yourself a sign for Crystal City from this site and you'll have no problem. At around 7am the lines are pretty strong, so you won't have to wait long, if at all, for a ride to Crystal City. It should take you about 30-35 minutes to get to PTO from there.

Patricia
Tackett's/Rosslyn lines
masinick View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masinick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 1:08pm
Excellent. Thanks a lot for the help. Sounds like 7 AM at Tacketts Mill it is. See ya then!

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic