Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reliability of slugging to/from Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reliability of slugging to/from Crystal City
    Posted: 24 Aug 2004 at 8:53am
How many slug lines are there in Crystal City running currently?
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2004 at 12:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]Soon-to-be-newbie slugger here, and from reading the posts I am very worried about slugging to/from Crystal City from Woodbridge. It seems that the lines are very inconsistent and I might get stranded. My whole point to choosing to slug is so I don't have to pay for public transit and save a little time, but it seems I might have to go to the Pentagon some days or even take the OmniRide, which defeats both of those. Am I being too much of a worry-wort? I was planning on using Horner Rd but that sounds like such a trouble-making lot with the recent complaints.

Also, is there only ONE slug line in/out of CC? I'm off 18th st so going to 12th is kind of far.

I'm also worried about finding rides at 7:30 AM and AFTER 5:00 PM, as it seems most lines are earlier than that. What about commute time?

With all the variables it seems VRE or bus would be quicker and more reliable (albeit not cheaper)?

So many questions...I will give it a try but it would help if I don't have to end up calling work explaining how I can't find my way in.

Any current riders' feedback would help. [:)]

I used to be a driver (picking up slugs) until last week when I tried being a rider for the first time. I am absolutely hooked-I love it! The best part is that my gas tank stays full & the miles being put on my vehicle go from ~ 300 per week to ~ 60 per week.

I work on 23rd. I arrive at the slug line @ ~ 6:40am & I get to work by 7:15-7:30am. I usually leave my building @ ~ 4 pm, and I'm back at Horner Road by ~ 4:30pm.

Being a slug is the coolest!

Live Long and Prosper
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2004 at 10:54am
You are being a worry wart. First of all, you need to try it and see if slugging is for you. It probably is because Crystal City is a popular spot for slugs. Getting a ride between 6 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. should be no problem for you. After 5 p.m. and until about 6 p.m., you may not have a problem. In the a.m., HOV lanes open for everyone at 9 a.m. and in the p.m., 6 is the magic hour. Even if you only get to the Pentagon, take the train over, it's only two stops. I don't know about Horner, I slug out of Tacketts. I hope this helps. Some other slugs may also make inputs that will help you make a decision. Good luck.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2004 at 9:53am
Soon-to-be-newbie slugger here, and from reading the posts I am very worried about slugging to/from Crystal City from Woodbridge. It seems that the lines are very inconsistent and I might get stranded. My whole point to choosing to slug is so I don't have to pay for public transit and save a little time, but it seems I might have to go to the Pentagon some days or even take the OmniRide, which defeats both of those. Am I being too much of a worry-wort? I was planning on using Horner Rd but that sounds like such a trouble-making lot with the recent complaints.

Also, is there only ONE slug line in/out of CC? I'm off 18th st so going to 12th is kind of far.

I'm also worried about finding rides at 7:30 AM and AFTER 5:00 PM, as it seems most lines are earlier than that. What about commute time?

With all the variables it seems VRE or bus would be quicker and more reliable (albeit not cheaper)?

So many questions...I will give it a try but it would help if I don't have to end up calling work explaining how I can't find my way in.

Any current riders' feedback would help. [:)]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic