Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2004 at 8:20am
no.

If idiots who think they are above the law tried to stay below 75 instead of driving 90, swerving in and out of lanes, while talking on the cell phone....

we'd all be better off.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 2:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by ScarletLSG
[br]Okay, #1, #3,#9, #10 -- all were "Rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic." -- and you state that "Speed was a factor in ZERO of the accidents." My claim is that DISPARATE speed is the cause of accidents. IF you were rear ended then YOU were going slower than the individual that rear ended you, which caused you to have the accident. DISPARATE SPEEDS.

How does that make speed an issue? I've been rear-ended twice. Both times I was stopped. The first time, in 1999, I was fourth in line at a red light; the light turned green and some dumb woman drove right into the back of me, I guess because I was waiting for the three cars in front of me to move. Last month I got rear-ended (and my car was totaled) when I was stopped in a line of traffic waiting at a red light and some 18-year-old chick wasn't paying attention to where she was going. She was doing the speed limit, too--she was doing 25 mph when she creamed me. Was "disparate speed" the cause of the accidents? No, it was driver inattention.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]USA: Your car was totaled by someone who was doing 25 mph?

I was driving a 1997 Accord and I was stopped; this girl was driving a Volvo 240 station wagon (read: a tank) and was doing 25 and slammed directly into the back of the car. The trunk lid was crumpled, quarter-panel damage, other structural damage. The reason it was totaled is that the repair bill exceeded the book value of the car and insurance would not have fixed it. I probably could have worked out a deal with the insurance carriers, but I didn't because, as much as I loved my car, since it was the second time it had been rear-ended (and this one was some severe damage), I would not have kept the car, and I was able to get more from the insurers than I would have trading it in or selling it.
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 9:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]And maybe that's the problem around here. Everyone has too much of a "me-first" mentality that they can't slow their happy butts down to do something resembling the speed limit.

HAHA. I agree COMPLETELY.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic