Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mine Road Lot FULL by 7:30????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 7:39am
quote:
Originally posted by dkerley

That might be a good alternative -- the shopping centers at Potomac Mills allows commuters to park in a portion of their parking lot -- I wonder if you to ask someone just to be sure and if so, who? I certainly wouldn't want to encourage anyone to park over there if there is the possibility of getting towed or a ticket.

The management of the new shopping center made a statement last October or November that they would not allow commuter parking on their property. Unfortunately I'm relying on memory so I don't have any specifics but I believe they were oppposed to dedicating a portion of their lot to commuters rather than a couple of overflow vehicles on an ad hoc basis. So I think you might be OK with a few cars once in a while but you may have a problem if it grows into another regular line.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 7:53am
quote:
Originally posted by dixeedog

"Unless you were in on the planning meetings like I was" That is an awesome line.

It's the song of the bird known as the officious twit, an odd but not rare bird that makes its presence known by pretensiously claiming to represent large flocks of other birds (who generally neither know nor care that the twit even exists). During mating season it is known to puff up its throat in a territorial display and bleat loudly but ineffectually at individuals it views as interlopers on its chosen mating grounds.

Although Officious twitus is considered a nuisance by most homeowners and commuters, I find them amusing and harmless and easy to get along with if you give them a wide berth.[:)]
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:13am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by dixeedog

"Unless you were in on the planning meetings like I was" That is an awesome line.

It's the song of the bird known as the officious twit, an odd but not rare bird that makes its presence known by pretensiously claiming to represent large flocks of other birds (who generally neither know nor care that the twit even exists). During mating season it is known to puff up its throat in a territorial display and bleat loudly but ineffectually at individuals it views as interlopers on its chosen mating grounds.

You are too right. LOL![:o)]

Dina
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 1:55pm
thank you
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 7:49am
Uuuhh....there may be some confusion about the intended target of the flame.[:D]
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 11:20am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
[br]Uuuhh....there may be some confusion about the intended target of the flame.[:D]

Am I the intended? I could have sweared it was intended for someone else.

Dina
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 12:49pm
I'm the sure the intended target was either Mycroftt or Slugbully.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 3:35pm
It wasn't intended to flame myself, dkerley, or dixeedog, so that leaves the obnoxious idiot who started the ad hominems when I suggested the late action should return to the old lot if Mine Road is full (and who was then forced to eat crow and suggest that the late action should not return to the old lot but should go to the shopping center lot RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET). Talk about being a pig-headed dimwit![:D]
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2004 at 8:29pm
and the winner is......slugbully
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic