Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th street exit for L'enfant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th street exit for L'enfant
    Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 10:59am
hmmm, so I am just curious why some drivers take the 14th street exit, and then have to sit in traffic at the lights and make several turns to get over to 7th and D. Especially now that there is more volume on the roads with school having started it is at least an extra 10 minutes. I know 10 minutes isn't huge, but my commute doesn't end at L'enfant, I still need to metro. I know, I know, can't complain about a free ride, but it seems like it would be beneficial to the driver to get to the destination quicker as well. Even if the line at the stop sign onto D is long, its still always quicker in my experience.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 11:42am
I usually come into L'Enfant before 7:00 AM and it doesn't seem to take longer going via 14th - maybe the traffic hasn't backed up yet. I presume that drivers go that way so they don't have to cut across as many lanes of traffic to exit as you do staying on 395.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 12:03pm
I suppose, but you still have to get over to the right to turn on C. OH well. Its just so nice when its a short trip. I'm a wee bit ADD so I get fidgety when I sit too long...
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:11pm
I used to work at the Department of Transportation and I got a lift in from a neighbor. We always took the Maine Avenue exit. At the stop sign at the top of the ramp, you hang a left, then at the next light (7th Street) you go left again. Always worked well and it was a lot faster than waiting at that stupid stop sign at the bottom of the ramp from the 12th Street exit or putting up with the 14th Street traffic; an added bonus for HOV lane users is that it's less of a frenzied dash across three lanes than it is to exit at 12th Street.

I've never understood the obsession of many local drivers with going up 14th Street. Half the folks at my office go that way. I never drive on 14th if I can avoid it--too many traffic lights.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 8:31am
USA, yup Maine or 12th/L'enfant are about the same. but, UGH!! I had another 14th street ride this morning. How can we spread the word that it is just plain SILLY to take 14th and sit at 4 red lights to get over to L'enfant???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic