Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do sluglines work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do sluglines work?
    Posted: 31 May 2002 at 12:48am
I have been slugging for a long time. I work 9:00 to 5:30. My office moved to 14th and L St., NW, in late 1998. I recently moved from old Springfield about 3 miles west out to West Springfield. Between the two moves, I now find that my commute time has lengthened considerably. I usually arrive at Rolling Valley parking lot around 8:20-8:30, only to find no rides to anywhere north of 14th and G streets, NW. In the evening, it takes me about 15 minutes to walk from L street down to Constitution, and at least once a week I seem to find no rides home. I realize I am rather late on the schedule, but I am beginning to think of not slugging due to this unpredictability (or rather, the predictability of not getting a ride). I should note that previously I had been going to Bob's, where rides to upper 14th street are more plentiful late. I am gettingquite frustrated. Any thoughts? I have talked to many people about getting the HOV restricted by one half hour (until 9:30 in the morning, 6:30 in the evening), but I don't think we can change that now. Some (a lot?) of this is just venting (Wednesday's commute home was hellacious), so thanks for listening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic