Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610toCrystalCity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City
    Posted: 06 Oct 2004 at 9:24am
I am going to start driving to Crystal City starting Monday. Can anyone tell me if the Crystal Park 2 slug line is working. The website said it may not be and what do I shout out just Crystal City or Crystal Park 2. Also are there riders there in the afternoon? Also do you just take the Pentagon exit off of the HOV lanes to get there????

Thanks
gt1318 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt1318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 8:08am
I do not believe the CP 2 line exists. There are 3 main drop off points in the am 12th & Clark, Metro, and 23rd & Clark. Just shout out Crystal City and most riders will be more than happy to help you negotiate your way around. In the pm the pick up point is on Crystal Drive by the Gateway buildings. There are signs.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 8:23am
I slug to/from CC daily from Potomac Mills and I think the only working line is at Crystal Gateway. There is a ART shuttle bus that loops around CC so slugs can easily catch a ride for 50 cents (40 cents if you buy a pack of tokens).

In the mornings what you do is drive up to the slug line and shout "Crystal City", depending on whether the line you are going to will have one or more destinations. If it is a CC only line then obviously it's implied and you don't have to shout. Typically drivers will ask the slugs where they're heading when they reach the ramp at Army/Navy drive as it's customary that you drop the slugs off at their destinations and not at the slug line in the mornings. Usually you can drop slugs off at intersections or the closest you can get them to where they want to go.

To get to CC from HOV yes you would take the Pentagon exit, and turn right at the ramp and go from there.

In the afternoons just drive up to the slug line and either shout your destination or make a sign and show it to the slugs. If you're heading to 610 or 17 the line is at the uppermost area, near the actual white slug sign at the curve. The Woodbridge area lines are next to them on the sides. Drivers tend to form two groups of lines there depending on space. There's always slugs/drivers in the afternoons, just depends on whether you get more of one type or another, it's hard to tell. Anytime between 3:30-5:30 is good, and if you really get stranded you can always swing to the Pentagon and pick up there. Good luck.

tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 9:19am
In the pm, are the lines only for Horner Road, Potomac Mills and Rt 610 Stafford?
gt1318 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt1318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 10:20am
The 610 line sometimes has people for Mine Road, there is also a line for Tacketts Mill and there used to be a few for 234 but I haven't seen them for quite some time.
gt1318 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt1318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 10:21am
Oh yeah, I forgot there is also a line for 17
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 11:42am
The PM lines at Crystal City are: Horner Rd, Potomac Mills, Tackett's Mill, 610, 17, Mine Rd.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic