Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New parking lot security system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2003 at 11:10am
Ok, we've had two incidents of crime recently. What happened to those "towers" for security purposes? still being researched by Supervisor Griggs?

Maybe these things are in the commuter lots and I just haven't seen them.

IMHO, unfortunately, we may have a case of reacting to a problem rather than preventing the problem.

gg
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2003 at 3:22pm
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Forms/sp-248.pdf
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2003 at 10:27am
tlschau,

The link you provided is for an "Application For Concealed Gun Permit" for the Commonwealth of Virginia. I get it, you want me to possess a gun in order to prevent crime. Interesting idea but I'm not around the parking lot during the time of day when these crimes occur. Also, threatening to blow someone's head off if they steal a car may get me in trouble (I'm not a very good shot and my finger twitches at the thought of confrontation). Having a cop patrolling the area would be ideal, but expensive. How about this idea, put "towers" in each lot and have them randomly filled with a cop so the bad guys would have no idea if someone were in it or not. Granted, some crime may go unnoticed, but it would deter a lot of others. Maybe go high-tech/big-brother and put surveillance cameras in each lot and have someone monitor them all day. There's got to be a better way than becoming vigilantes.

gg
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2003 at 4:04pm
gg,

I'm not advocating vigilantism nor making threats, in fact I disagree with it because it makes you no better than the criminals themselves. What I am advocating, however, is that we all must do our part to protect ourselves instead of waiting for someone else to do it for us. We all have the right, and in fact an obligation, to self preservation. Law enforcement is great, but it can't be everywhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic