Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sydenstriker Lot Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydenstriker Lot Questions
    Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 9:37am
I'm new to slugging and planning on becoming a driver. The info. on this site doesn't seem to be updated and I have a bunch of questions.

Is this lot still in operation? If so, do I just drive up and pick up riders where I see a line? How many lines are there? (only one for Pentagon?)

And if it's Pentagon only, where do I drop off riders (without impeding traffic)?

I'm planning on picking up around 7:00-7:20am. Will there be plenty of riders?

Thanks!
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 8:36am
Well, this morning was my first attempt to pickup riders to no avail. I was running a bit later than usual and got to the lot around 7:30am. By this time, there was a line of about 10 cars waiting for riders and the lot looked to be out of parking spaces.

I waited for about 10mins before deciding to hit the snail lanes. What time does this lot usually fill up?

Is it common to have more drivers than riders?

Of the 10 or so cars still waiting, do riders usually come even if the parking lot is full??

I guess the HOV lanes wouldn't have helped much this morning since they were going about the same speed as the regular lanes!

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 9:59am
Sydenstricker seems to be an early lot. As recent as last week, I've seen 20 to 30 people in line there waiting for cars between 6:10 and 6:40 in the mornings. The lot fills up about 7 to 7:15. If any slugs show up after the lot is full, they either walk or get dropped off there to catch a slug ride or the bus. Don't give up on Sydenstricker .. the line has been much shorter than usual there this week for some reason (weather?). But if you find no slugs there, it's about 5 mins up Sydenstricker to the much larger Rolling Valley Mall commuter lot where I've picked up Pentagon and Rosslyn slugs between 7:30 and 8. [:)]
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 3:45pm
Do you slug out of sydenstricker? I guess Im lucky today for not showing up at the lot because HOV was once again, backed up.
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 8:46am
Well, I stopped by again this morning right around 7:15 and the lot was full with about 5 cars waiting for riders. I didnt know if any more riders were coming and didnt want to waste time waiting, so I took off.

What's the common wait time for picking up riders?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 10:23am
Can't really say what usual wait time is there after 7 AM. When I drive and go in later than 6:30, if it's before 7 AM Sydenstricker works, if after 7 AM I drive over to Rolling Valley Mall because that lot fills up later and there are slugs in line there for several locations. You might want to try Rolling Valley. [:)]
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 4:41pm
Thanks Sludge. I think I might try Rolling Valley. Where do the riders wait in line to goto Pentagon?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2004 at 6:58am
tygger,
There's only one line at RVM Park & Ride. The "head slug" (that's the person 1st in line) will walk the line of cars to see where the driver is going and how many slugs he/she needs. The head slug will then call that info out to the persons standing in line. For example, the driver tells the head slug he/she needs two slugs for Crystal City. Head slug calls this out to the line and 1st 2 slugs going to CC will get in the car. If the head slug is one of those 2 slugs for CC, the next 1st person in line then becomes the head slug until he/she gets a ride for their morning destination. Yes ... it works. Good luck. [:)]
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2004 at 12:31pm
I appreciate the help Sludge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic