Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's/ Long John Silver's Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's/ Long John Silver's Question
    Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 9:10am
Does anyone goto the Pentagon from this location?

Off-topic... why is it called Bob's? I don't recall a Bob's ever being in that location. I remember when the CC, Long John's and Shoney were there, but never a Bob's.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 9:45am
The former Shoney's was a Bob's Big Boy restaurant many years ago before it was Shoney's. It was one of the first major slugging sites back in the 70's and 80's -- and the name "Bob's" just stuck with the slugging community. [:)]
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 11:11am
Since you can get home from the Pentagon to Bob's, I assume you can get their in the morning? It must be the other line, not the L'enfant/14th street line. But, I can't say that I'm positive.

And, has anyone had a free cup o' joe from the new Al's? If they put it in a togo cup, might be nice to warm up to while we wait for our rides...
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 5:28pm
I see... I was a Bob's before my "time". I couldn't drive in the 70/80's. ;)

kgirl,
That makes sense to me. Wonder why it doesn't list it here on this site. ??
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 5:48pm
I don't know if Bob's serves the Pentagon in the AM.

I've never seen a rider going there, but on occasion cars have driven up to both lines, but there have been no takers. I'm at Bob's between 6:15 and 7:00AM so I can't speak for what happens after that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic