Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speeding drivers increasing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speeding drivers increasing?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2001 at 9:09am
I have noticed an increasing problem with speeding slug drivers on 95 in the morning. Do others consider this a problem and how do we as slugs deal with it? I consider bad speeding anything much over 75. I have been with drivers who hit 85.

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2001 at 12:06pm
Think we hit 85-90 going in this morning. Don't mind the drivers driving a little faster, but there have been some nervewracking rides over the years. Guess that's the chance you take when you slug. Fortunately, haven't been in any major accidents (a few fender benders over the years).

Have been slugging for over 8 years, and haven't said anything to the drivers...have said a few prayers hoping to get back in one piece though :) Do any slugs say anything to the driver? I pretty much just make it a point not to ride with them again, if I have a problem with their driving.

MarkJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2001 at 1:51pm
I am glad to know that I am not the only one. I usually ride in from US 17/Stafford, and have noticed that a lot of drivers are hitting 75 on a regular basis. I drive in maybe once every two weeks, and have noticed my riders looking at their watches and tapping their feet impatiently because I only go just over 65 (the back end of my car starts to vibrate at 70, so I try to keep it below that point). It seems to me that there are a lot of riders who expect the driver to speed.
Arby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2002 at 11:59am
A few weeks ago (before Xmas I believe) in the afternoon I was riding with a young lady when she pulled over for doing 72mph in the I95 HOV lanes just South of the Route 234 exit. The Patrolman didn't give her a ticket, but did give her a warning (for doing 7 mph over the speed limit)about speeding.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic