Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield Mall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Springfield Mall
    Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 8:12am
Has this slug line started yet? Are there riders for Roslynn/Courthouse (preferred) or Pentagon? What are the good time?

Thanks!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 10:58am
Over the past few years a S'Mall slug line has had several false starts and a lack of participation despite many folks living east of I-95 (like Kingstowne & Hayfield) expressing interest. Not sure of current status, but some of the last notices on this board have said all is clear with S'Mall authorities for line location and parking. Hope someone who was working this can provide current status. [;)]
SteveD24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2004 at 9:34am
It seems to me that the best way to proceed with this is to set a start date, so that everyone with a vested interest will all show up knowing with some certainly that there will be a turnout. I am very interested in a slug-line at the Springfield Mall, but if I know it's not established, I wouldn't go on any random day. But I would advise that the date be set far enough in advance so as to provide time for everyone to advertise it's official start date. Also, what locations would the Springfield line run to. Would there be two lines, one to 14th and one to 18th, like there is at Bob's? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Brake4Slugs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brake4Slugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2004 at 1:14pm
Can we start the line on Wednesday 1 Dec 04? I drop slugs anywhere on 14th (up to P Street). I usually pick-up between 0645-0700.

This line will work if just a small percent of people can break their "But I've always used Bob's" habit. [:I]

Brake for Slugs

~I'd enjoy the day more, if it started later~
tfecw View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfecw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2004 at 9:41am
Hmm. The courthouse from the springfield mall. I'd be game.

I work near the courthouse (arlington) about a block from the courthouse metro. I'm currently taking the springfrield metro in and it's been killing me money wise. (about 12 bucks a day to make the hike) I've been look at slugging in (driving that is)
My plan is to grab a few slugs and bring to the pentagon. The problem is I usually shoot to get into work around 9ish, which usually means somewhere between 915 and 930. So that has me out the door at 8 currently. I'm worried about slugs not being avalable at the 810ish 820ish time line. I used to ride in from the syndenstricker stop but leaving at that time was unreliable (One time we didn't have a 3rd slug, the gentleman was nice about it and offered to take me anyways, but i opted for the metro) Also the amount of drivers to riders around that time is horrid at best. Not enough riders that is.

Any ideas on this? I suppose if I need to roll out of bed earlier that can be reluctantly managed
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2004 at 10:15am
L'enfant btwn 6-6:15????[:I][:I][:I][:I]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic