Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslyn to Herndon/Monroe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslyn to Herndon/Monroe
    Posted: 01 Nov 2004 at 9:21am
The morning slug line from the Herndon/Monroe parking lot into Rosslyn is working pretty well, but the PM option is not well organized.

I propose that a PM slug line from Rosslyn to Herndon/Monroe now be in front of the 5A bus pickup, across from Burger King near the metro.

The pick up area between Burger King and McDonalds is now filled with Zip Car parking, and there is not enough Herndon/Monroe traffic to justify pickup with the other lines down on the service road. As a would-be slug, at least I can wait for the 5A bus at 10 till every hour if a driver doesn't come by first. Comments?
ralbritton View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralbritton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2004 at 4:15pm
Let's see if we can arrange something. I'm not even concerned about where in Rosslyn. Even if it's not as a slug line, maybe we can make a regular thing out of it. I drive from Herndon to Crystal City every day and wouldn't mind having a regular.

I think the big issue is that once a rider is on the Metro, they don't want to have to get off at Rosslyn, as many are coming from the city, not Rosslyn proper. And, I was always able to get a seat if I was coming from Metro Center. So, they can ride out to WFC and take the express bus from there. But getting in is a hassle as you aren't always guaranteed of a seat on the Metro.

Email me if you are interested. I usually leave around 7-7:15 AM and return between 4:30 and 5 in the evening. I may stop from time to time on the way out for gas at EFC Metro area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic