Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Fragrances Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 4:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]well, most people who wear the stuff wouldn't be aware that it was overpowering, or even AGREE with you on the subject.

to be frank and honest. People that have too many "please don'ts" for slugs shouldn't be drivers. It's bad enough we have to get into cars of varying quality, put up with the driver's sense of "good music", listen to drivers talk on their cell phones for the entire trip, with one hand on the wheel and going 85...

now I have to worry about whether my cologne is acceptable???

Just stop driving! please!

Its also bad enough that we drivers have to put up with strange folks, who snore, blow their noses, sneeze, sleep, drape their belongings over all of mine, have varying degrees of cleanliness, won't shutup, pass gas, spill coffee, complain because you like talk radio, think 80 is too fast, and want me to drive with my hands at 10 and 2....What kind of crap is that? If I can tolerate that, you should be more tolerant as well....

If you think tarziera shouldn't drive, then because of your statement, perhaps...just perhaps, you SHOULD drive...

And I agree, there is not much worse than having an overpowering odor in your car at 6am.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2004 at 11:05am
ha ha ha ha ha ha! Word up Dhacim. We all need to just sit back and be grateful. And cover our noses, ears, and mouths. ha!

:'}
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2004 at 9:27am
again, if you are THAT bothered by slugs and their quirks, you really shouldn't be driving.

It's pretty simple. These are human beings, not bags of groceries. Either quit whining or quit driving.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 8:53am
I had the OPPOSITE experience yesterday. got into a car with a woman who had absolutely MARINATED in some fragrance. It was overwhelming. However, once you're in the vehicle, not much you can do.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 10:03am
I love that assessment of the lady that "MARINATED" in perfume. Funny stuff! One suggestion stated awhile back - during colder months of slugging - is right on. If you have a scarf, you have at least some protection (whether its a good/bad scent in the car). Just have a small amount of your "own scent" on the scarf and breath into it for the 25 minute ride. Hopefully the driver isnt one who likes to chat though! This slugging stuff is a riot - and we need to laugh at the good and bad sides.
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 11:03am
There is no rule that states once you get into a car that you have to ride in that car. I once got into a car where the owner smoked and the car reeked as if he had just finished a cigarette before picking up slugs. I just as quickly got out of the car explaining that I wouldn't be able to breathe by the time we got back to Horner Road. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic