Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoon drop-off procedure at Bob's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoon drop-off procedure at Bob's
    Posted: 06 Jun 2002 at 10:39am
I have not previously picked up slugs as normally by the time I drove over to Bob's I would be halfway into DC, and in the afternoon I usually leave after 6 PM. I may have reason in the coming weeks to leave early several times. My question is, could someone tell me where you drop people off at Bob's?
CatWillow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWillow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2002 at 3:14pm
Usually slugs are dropped off across the street from Bob's, in the parking lot at Springfield Plaza. Hope this helps!

By the way, don't forget there are several other slug lines in the Burke/Springfield area, Rolling Valley among them. Maybe one of these would be more convenient to you.

USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2002 at 4:20pm
quote:

Usually slugs are dropped off across the street from Bob's, in the parking lot at Springfield Plaza. Hope this helps!

By the way, don't forget there are several other slug lines in the Burke/Springfield area, Rolling Valley among them. Maybe one of these would be more convenient to you.

Thanks for the tip. I figured that's where people went but didn't want to display my ignorance if I picked people up. Regarding the other lines, I live east of Springfield in Kingstowne, so Bob's is the only realistic place. By the time I drive over there I'd be at Seminary Road, so I haven't done the slug routine. But thanks. I know there is interest in another line in the Kingstowne area, we just don't have a good parking lot available for one.

Patti View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 12:28pm
I live in Kingstowne, and pick up one rider already at Manchester Lakes as part of a carpool. Three times a week I drive to Bobs to pick up a third rider. The best place I think for a line in our neighborhood would be at the Food Festival of Manchester Lakes. It's right near the bus stop which goes to the Franconia Springfield metro. That's handy in case someone has to work late in DC and cannot get a slug ride home.

Anyways - - if you're interested in talking about slugging from Kingstowne, email me.

Patti

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic