Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

king's park to thomas circle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: king's park to thomas circle
    Posted: 10 Nov 2004 at 9:08am
I'm new to slugging. i live in the king's park neighborhood near braddock/rolling and work at thomas circle. where's the nearest slug line to take me to 14th street or metro?
blirm
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2004 at 10:31pm
Looks like the closest line is by the Shell station on the eastbound side of Old Keene Mill Rd. I understand there is commuter parking in the parking lot just across the street where the Giant supermarket is located. Can anyone who uses that slug line and parking provide more info? [:)]
Blondewyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondewyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2004 at 1:52am
What time do you have to be to Thomas Circle?

Where is King's Park?

I work at One Thomas Circle and drive the first two weeks of the month.
Maybe I can help?
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2004 at 7:46am
Blondewyn,
I can't tell if you are closer to Rolling Valley (which is Old Keene Mill road and Shiplett BLVD or BOB's which is Old Keene Mill and I guess Bland (right across Old Keene from the Springfield Plaza shopping area--Giant, BB&T, Al's, blah blah)
Rolling Valley looks like it has some 14th street destinations, you might need to ask a Rolling Valleyer how far up 14th they go. Bob's has lots of 14th stops, I think surely one will get you close to Thomas circle. You can always try the line in the morning, ask the people if there are drivers to where you need to go, and if not get yourself to the closest metro. For example, I need to be at Navy Yard, but no one goes there from BOB's, so I slug to L'enfant and metro 2 stops...be creative! [8D] For info on where exactly the lines are, go back to the Home page, far left side of screen has "slugging information", click on "Morning slug lines" and then click on BOB's and Rolling Valley to see which is better for you.
Blondewyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondewyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2004 at 2:58pm
Kgirl-

I'm confused! Did you mean that for blirm or for me?

I was offering a potential ride, not looking for one. I work at One Thomas Circle and drive in.

I'm still at a loss as to where King's Park is. It sounds Alexandria-ish, which is where I leave from. If so, I thought I might be able to help blirm out!

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 7:05am
Blondewyn,
There is a King's Park residential section in the Burke area of Fairfax County a couple of miles west of the beltway off Braddock Road. Braddock Road goes from the beltway west and intersects with Va Rt 28 between Centreville and Manassas. [;)]
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 8:48am
Sorry, I intended for the originator of the thread, not the other helpers..wrote the wrong user name on my post-it to respond to [:D]
Moments without coffee
I hope the person hoping to get from the mysterious Kingspark to Thomas circle found a way!
blirm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2004 at 4:20pm
sluDgE is correct. King's Park is located about 1.5 miles west of the beltway on Braddock Road nestled between Braddock/Rolling Rd/Burke Lake Road.

I'm flexible with the time. I usually arrive at work around 8:30. Earlier is better than later for me.

I've been riding the VRE from rolling rd to L'Enfant Plaza metro, and walk up 14th from McPherson Sq. It's about 1 hour for me door to door. I'm looking for a way to cut the commute cost. I know slugging will save me money but what about time? does it take forever to drive into the city?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2004 at 7:08am
blirm,
Still appears best option is for you to use one of the slug lines along Old Keene Mill Rd [Rolling Valley Mall, the Shell Station (formerly Texaco) at Rolling Rd, Daventry, or Bob's].

I could find no info on slug lines that form up any closer to King's Park in the mornings.

Good luck, & Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
blirm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2004 at 10:00am
Thanks so much for your help. I'll give it a shot this week!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic