Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Entrance at Mixing Bowl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Entrance at Mixing Bowl
    Posted: 10 Jun 2002 at 1:06pm
Can anyone tell me if the entrances to HOV Southbound around Springfield will always be open for cars? I know that one and two person vehicles can enter there if they will be using one of the next few left exits. This always greatly slows the traffic in the HOV lanes. After all of the Springfield Interchange construction is finished, will this still be the policy?
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2002 at 2:46pm
Elizabeth,
My understanding is that this should stop once the interchange is complete. Those cars must also exit from one of the first 2 exits, they cannot exit at the Franconia Parkway exit (3rd exit).

I have found that by staying in the right lane where drivers are merging onto the HOV lanes, I make better time through that mess--- because after they merge on, they quickly move over into the left lane to get in position to exit.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic