Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slugger from Montclair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slugger from Montclair
    Posted: 29 Nov 2004 at 12:39pm
I am new to this and will be slugging from Montclair to the Dupont Circle area. Any suggestions on the best pick-up and drop-off spots? Thanks.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2004 at 1:11pm
Dupont Circle is not easy to slug to directly: you can find a ride up 18th St as far as M St. from the 18th St line at the Horner Road parking lot (see the diagrams elsewhere on this site) or you can catch a ride to 14th St (from Horner) and get out when you pass Metro Center and then take the Red Line up to Dupont Circle.

The 234 lot across from the McDonald's is the closest slug line, but you'll need to be there before about 6:30 most days to park.

Try Commuter Connections as well (Google it) and see about a car or vanpool out of Montclair.

fslade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fslade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2004 at 10:22am
If you want the most options, park at the Horner road lot. From Montclair it is a 10-15 minute drive. Make sure you get there by 7am in order to get a parking spot. Take the 18th street line, and try to get as close to M street as possible. It is only a few blocks up to Dupont Circle from there. I live and work around your same area, and it takes me about 1 hour to get to and from work.
mcwconsulting View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcwconsulting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2005 at 10:38pm
I am new to this area alsobut will be slugging from the 234 Dumfries Lot to 17th & I st. DC leave 6am return at 5pm if anyone wants to make the trip please contact me.
quote:
Originally posted by alayman
[br]I am new to this and will be slugging from Montclair to the Dupont Circle area. Any suggestions on the best pick-up and drop-off spots? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic