Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging and the Holidays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging and the Holidays
    Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 10:54am
I am fairly new to slugging. I started about 3 months ago. I was wondering how hard it will be getting rides during the holiday season, especially the week of Christmas? Any input would be much appreciated.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 8:35am
I'm fairly new as well, but I did go into work on Black Friday and it was pretty scarce. No one was at my lot and I had to use Horner Rd which had maybe 200 cars. I was able to catch a ride both to and from work, but you definitely need alternatives. My guess is that you should be fine because not everyone takes off so there'll be someone slugging, especially to 610 I'd imagine. What you could also do is to slug out of Horner Rd if you're finding it difficult on Christmas Eve. Try it out and just have a backup plan.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 9:02am
I believe Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are the actual Federal holidays. So I don't think anyone will be using the slug system [^]. However, the day before might be a challenge [?]

Goober
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 3:54pm
It might get a little iffey on the 23rd and the 30th for the afternoons, so have a bus token at hand just in case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic