Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bob's morning s.o.p.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bob's morning s.o.p.
    Posted: 09 Dec 2004 at 1:40pm
who should be asking the line of cars where they're going?
should it be the first person in line? because i know that's how it is in rolling valley.

is it also okay to ask a car with already 3 people if they can take another one?

sorry. i'm somewhat of a new slug here.

apologies to the lady i asked "can you take another one?" to this morning. what i meant was could the driver take a fourth slug. i understand that it sounded like i was asking her to get out. so sorry.

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 7:20am
The first person in line should ask. (though sometimes cars are 2-3 deep, so it's ok for the nearest person to ask as long as they tell people in front of them the destination)

It's ok to ask unless there are things in the back seat that would make the driver have to remove them.

Happy slugging.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 9:36am
Bob's drivers usually say where they are going as they pull up. The first person in line usually clearly informs the rest of the line. Sometimes I can't hear whats being said, but just ask the others in line. I've never met a rude driver/slug at lovely Bob's, so welcome to our line!! [:)]
mikano View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2004 at 8:50pm
thank you bob's veterans! much appreciated!!!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 9:10am
There is one rude driver at Bob's. He drives either a red Dodge Durango, a black Cadillac Cateria, or a black Chevy Avalanche (depends on his mood I guess). He's a smoker, and when he's in the driver's line, he thinks nothing of lighting up and puffing away while in line. People have asked him not too, he doesn't care. He's also a pretty crappy driver. Saw him cut back and forth into the left and right lanes on the bridge over the Potomac (several times just on the bridge itself).
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 3:09pm
scottt,
what time is this driver there? i think i know who you are talking about and I left an umbrella in the car. not a big deal, and its probably well scented with marlboro by now, but I haven't seen the red durango in forever.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2004 at 11:42am
If memory serves, he's usually there around 7:30-7:45.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic