Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Rd Line Needs More than One Line!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Rd Line Needs More than One Line!
    Posted: 27 Dec 2001 at 6:17am
This was an email I received regarding Horner Road: "Has anyone examined the possibility of changing the slug line protocol at the Horner Rd. lot. The lot expansion may afford the opportunity to split some of the "slug destinations" into other areas of the lot similar to the situation at Potomac Mills. If all
drivers would come into Horner Rd in the same line there'd be no problem, however, they come at the line from all directions and I've seen more than one close call with a slug stepping out in front of a moving car. If this is possible, how can I help to make some safe, smart changes to the Horner Rd. Lot?"

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2002 at 10:23am
When this lot expands it will need to have more than one line. One of the dynamics is that the large expansion of the lot will no doubt change the mix of slug locations. This lot has always been a very early lot dedicated mostly to Pentagon. (Tell me if this has changed because I haven't slugged there in a long time.) With the expansion I imagine that you will get a lot more DC, Crystal City, and Rosslyn. So you could probably just duplicate the Potomac Mills setup. Do we have a firm date on when the main expansion will be complete?

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2002 at 5:03am
Bob and Sdelair,
Good points on both lots. Starting another line at Horner is a good idea to me and has been needed for a long time. The length of the slug line and the line of cars has caused some safety problems. A new line is a little like starting a new line. You would have to develop some flyers and start speading the word on exactly when, where, and which destinations it would serve. Here's what I can do to help if you want to take this on: 1)I can email your flyer or information to the 1000+ slugs in my database, 2) post a survey similiar to the one on the homepage to help gage interest, and 3) put the information on the homepage and on the Horner Road page on the website. I'll help as much as I can, just let me know when you want to tackle this. I think it would really take off!!

David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic