Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From Reagan National to HOV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhatton1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Reagan National to HOV
    Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 8:31am
Here is a seasonal question:

Can anybody tell me the best way to get from Reagan National Airport to the HOV lanes?

I assume it would be quickest to cut though Crystal City and get on at the Pentatgon ramp, but I am not familiar with those roads/turns.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 10:31am
I'm not real familiar with it, but what I would do is go toward the Pentagon on Fern Street, go under 395 and take a right to access HOV. I believe this is the best way. If you dont know where Fern is, do a mapquest.com search on Fern Street in Arlington, (then specify the 1500 block). That will give you a map of Crystal City
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 1:27pm
From National, get on Rt.1 (Jeff Davis Hwy.) towards Crystal City. Follow until you get to 15th St. in Crystal City. Take a left. Make a right at the intersection with Eads St. At intersection with Army Navy Dr. take a left. (You can get onto the Pentagon from Eads St. HOWEVER, you can't access the HOV ramp from there.) Make a right onto Fern St. which will bring you onto the Pentagon Reservation. You will drive underneath 395 and at the intersection with South Rotary Rd., make a right. Stay in right lane and make a right onto the 359 South HOV on-ramp.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 2:53pm
The best way is to go north on the GW Parkway, exit 395 S to Richmond, quickly merge to the left and exit at Pentagon South Parking. Stay to the right and turn right onto the HOV on-ramp. I do it all the time from DCA and it is fail-proof.
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 3:45pm
I like your way best cedar.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 11:39am
Thank you, Katie.
jhatton1980 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhatton1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 11:43am
Thanks to all.

My wife will be doing the drive today. I'll be doing it Thursday.

Will report back any problems.
jhatton1980 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhatton1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2004 at 12:11pm
My wife ended up having a little trouble, so they spent +30 minutes in local traffic and one-way hell. WHich I had hoped for her to avoid.

Regardless, she endorsed these directions:

From National, get on Rt.1 (Jeff Davis Hwy.) towards Crystal City.
Make a LEFT on 15th St. in Crystal City.
Make a RIGHT at the intersection onto Eads St.
Make a LEFT at intersection onto Army Navy Dr.
Make a RIGHT onto Fern St.
You will drive underneath 395.
Make a RIGHTat the intersection with South Rotary Rd.
Stay in right lane and make a RIGHT onto the 359 South HOV on-ramp.

I'll be trying them myself, this afternoon.

Thanks,
Jeff
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2004 at 2:25pm
I WON! I WON! Is there a prize???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic