Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Lanes ARE NOT a Speedway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:32pm
RobertLangDirect's quotation of the statutes on the previous page of this thread is completely accurate.

Should we expect anything less of RLD?

there are any number of places where 85 mph is completely safe

most are in Montana

My two biggest gripes:

Assholes

People who don't turn on their headlights at night.

Agree!
mfassler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfassler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 1:38pm
I DEFINATELY agree with the two issues that have now been brought up...I certainly do NOT cut around using the merge lanes (on-ramps), and one of the best inventions ever made was the automatic lights that most new cars have nowadays. They should be REQUIRED.
Slug15 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 3:02pm
I've been a slug and a driver for over 16 years (and I've had my license for over 20 -- trying not to date myself). Anyway, the bottom line to me is, if you see someone approaching you from behind (and that’s if you happen to ever look in your rear view or side view mirrors), get out of their way. If you notice that you are holding up traffic and you’re in the left lane (I was told in high school when I took driver’s ed that the left lane is called the “passing lane”) again, get into the slower lane (right-hand lane) this implies whether you are in the regular or HOV lanes. It’s really very simple, if you stop and think and are a considerate driver, unfortunately there just aren’t enough considerate drivers. Enough said, let's move on (pardon the pun).

P.S. MFassler (aka, 610Slug) I still love ya (and it's even past Valentine's Day)!
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 9:28am
I saw a lovely sign on the Pennsylvania Turnpike just west of Breezewood this past Saturday. It said "KEEP RIGHT--PASS LEFT--IT'S THE LAW." Too bad Virginia won't put up this sort of sign. It's more to the point than "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT," given that some people feel that they are going "fast" if they are going over the speed limit.
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 10:57am
Exactamundo USA - CT does it too. in NJ its a law too. however i do propose mounting james bond type mini rocket launchers or oil smoke plume spewing devices on the back of my vehicle [i had a 1982 pontiac sunbird that did this when i gave it alot of gas [ah those days in rhode island] [oh trust me mine wasnt like this but it did smoke way more]... for road hogs who try to compensate on the road for their lil wee-wees or issues with their mom or latent homosexuality , u know, those ultra straight homophobe hypocrits who you catch looking at your wiener at the gym. they always drive trucks/suvs/vettes/trans ams, and yeah they are all gay, but too pathetic to just go with it, [i have gay friends with more guts than these cowardly turds]. there, did i get the uhuru award yet??! don't like it?
GerardDW View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerardDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 12:14pm
I don't drive 80 mph too much, especially here where the roads aren't really that good. Still, I have noticed that there is a hobby around this area that seems to be all the rage. I call it "Pacing", and you play it by driving at the same speed as the car next to you. You get points in two ways: first by how many people you can get piled up behind you; and secondly by speeding up ever so slightly, as if you are going to pass, and then slowing down again, causing the impatient driver behind the other car to change lanes for no reason. It must be a fun game, because I cannot remember an afternoon commute where I did not see someone playing it!

In the end, it is a sign o' the times when drivers either have their heads in a particularly dark and humid place, either talking on their cell phone or passenger, or enjoying the discomfort of others. I don't want to go 80 mph, but I would like to drive home without feeling like I am at Daytona on a restart, 10 laps before the checkered flag!

Incidentally, I have driven in several third world countries, California, Florida, Georgia, across country more than 10 times and in 5 of the largest cities in the U.S., and I have never seen drivers as rude as they are here in the DC area. I have been cut off, forced to slam on my brakes or swerve out of the way so many times that I EXPECT drivers to do something stupid now. As a former law enforcement officer, this is not a view without at least some experience to validate it.

Doug
JK 14 n G View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK 14 n G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 1:21pm
The driver is a white female, mid-late 20's, driving a newer white mustang with tan top, has dangling hawaiian leis from the rearview. She picks up from the Rt. 17 lot around 7:45 am- I'll add this info to the DO NOT RIDE list.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]This is a case where the slugs need a detailed description of the car, and the date and time of the pickup. He should be on the do not ride list and should be told that he has been reported. Seriously.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic