Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 LOT this AM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 LOT this AM
    Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 9:13am
I just wanted to leave a message for this incredibly rude gentleman at the old lot in stafford this morning. He probably doesn't even read this website but on the off chance he does here I go. You have to be the rudest man I have ever come across. I was standing two people in front of you this morning and that was not enough room. I feel bad for the two ladies standing in front and behind you. It is NOT okay for you to stand there in line and spit. Call me old fashioned if you would like but I stood there with you for at least 10 minutes and all you did was spit. You didn't even try to be descrete about it. You would houck (? not sure how to spell that) and then spit. Houck and spit. It was disgusting and we should not have to stand there next to someone who constantly does that. Yes, I guess if it bothered me so much I should have said something. Come on...you are a gentleman in his 50's. You should know better.
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 12:15pm
Did you consider that he may have a medical condition or a disability before you launch your condemnation?
610staffordslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 12:41pm
He could have tried to be more descrete about it or even excuse himself for doing it!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 1:30pm
Yeah, isn't that what they make hankies for? I know they're a little outdated, but they're a bit more hygenic. That's like popping off snot rockets and thinking it's ok. Disgusting comparison, I know, but really, it's no different.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 2:00pm
It's spelled "hawk", and yes the spitting is rude. Being sick is no excuse for lack of politeness.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 2:17pm
I am glad tat I didnt have to slug this morning, my husband might have punched him, not like that is much better!

:'}
protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 2:38pm
"Hawk a Loogie
This is a slang phrase with many variants. The verb is usually either hawk or hock and the subject varies between loogie, louie, lungie, and lunger. It means to cough up phlegm and dates to the 1970s.

Hawk is an old verb meaning to clear the throat or cough up phlegm. It dates to the late 16th century and is probably echoic in origin. Hock is a corruption of the original hawk.

Regarding the second half, lunger is probably the original. That word has meant a gob of phlegm since 1946, and a tuberculosis patient since the 1890s. The other forms are probably corruptions and variants on this original."
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 8:44am
quote:
Originally posted by protocol
[br]"Hawk a Loogie
This is a slang phrase with many variants. The verb is usually either hawk or hock and the subject varies between loogie, louie, lungie, and lunger. It means to cough up phlegm and dates to the 1970s.

Hawk is an old verb meaning to clear the throat or cough up phlegm. It dates to the late 16th century and is probably echoic in origin. Hock is a corruption of the original hawk.

Regarding the second half, lunger is probably the original. That word has meant a gob of phlegm since 1946, and a tuberculosis patient since the 1890s. The other forms are probably corruptions and variants on this original."

Thanks???? LOL [8D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic