Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crossing keene mill road in the morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wren_57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossing keene mill road in the morning
    Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 7:07am
How many times have I had to hit the brakes driving down Old Keene Mill Rd. as sluggers walk non-chalantly across, seemingly challenging drivers with the right of way? Don't get me wrong. I certainly am alll for the slug lines. But if you guys keep challenging tons of steel hurtlling down on you, then someday there is going to be a real problem. Please go to the light and cross there. The place in the street that says "SCHOOL" is unsafe. Thanks...

?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 8:37am
wren,

What part of OK Mill Rd? Which intersection or slug line? (Near RVM, Rolling Rd, Daventry, or up at S'field Plaza?) I drive down OKM regularly and early (about 6:15) from RVM and haven't encountered what you are talking about. What time is this happening? Thanks.

Keep on sluggin' ! [:)]
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 8:51am
My guess is he's talking about Bob's in Springfield.
wren_57 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wren_57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 8:53am
Bob's in springfield. It's happened 3 times so far. ccalled the police to ask them to do something about it, i think they put up a sign.

?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 11:35am
They put up a sign, and a few months ago they had an officer parked there to deter people, but it didn't last long.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 12:13pm
People crossing illegally like that has become a huge problem, especially in DC--they walk out in front of you when you have the green and basically dare you to hit them. I think the law ought to be changed to allow you to hit a pedestrian who strolls out in a spot like the one wren_57 mentions. It would certainly cause pedestrians to stop doing this!
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 1:49pm
Yeah, Bob's folks can get pretty risky crossing. I go early, so there is plenty of time when there aren't any cars, but I NEVER cross until I see NO lights, I cringe when people dash across the road. I really hope we don't have someone get hit. And I noticed the sign. What is a sign going to do? And people cross crosswalks all the time without the white/walking man, so I don't know that that would make a difference.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 2:23pm
Too late for hoping that no one gets hit - a year ago someone did. What's surprising is that more people don't get hit - some people just stroll across and seem to dare cars to hit them.

Putting up a fence wouldn't help either. As Kgirl says, people would just run across at the intersection.
wren_57 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wren_57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2005 at 5:02pm
Happened this morning, and yesterday too. Really foggy, and shadowy figures were traipsing along across Keene Mill at the old "school" painted sign on the road. Meanwhile, traffic exiting off 95 soouth was just flying onto Keene Mill.

?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic