Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to pick up slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to pick up slugs
    Posted: 12 Jan 2005 at 1:24pm
For a commute home from Connecticut Ave NW. Closest Metro is Van Ness. Where would the best pick/up drop off be for me in the mornings? A friend recommended I come up 18th in order to avoid traffic on 14th, but the line at 19th St. Does not go to Dale City, specifically to Horner Rd.

I am directionally challenged. [V]
Hopeful View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 2:41pm
Well, no one had a response. My friend is telling me to drop off at 18th and K or 18th and L, but I don't see those stops on the website. Do they exist?
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 7:59am
Sorry no one seems to have an answer, I don't travel to DC but I do know a lot of the more popular lines do take slugs to 18th St, 14th St, and L'enfant. I know Potomac Mills has a catch-all DC line in the mornings, and Horner Rd has lines as well. I suggest asking slugs where are the typical spots to drop off, and also where to pick up in evenings. Best of luck!

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
tebo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 9:56am
The "Old Hechinger" lot at Rt 123 and Old Bridge has an active 18th street line. (You could take 18th to L then cross to Connecticut?) Pick up on the way home is at 14th & H Streets where you can go to Horner, Potomac Mills, or Hechinger. Does this help?
Mrs. S View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 1:57pm
Hopeful,
Just read your post and wanted to reply. I pick up sluggs at Horner Road and go up to 18th and M (yes, 18th and K and L really do exist!). Just past M street (the next light) is Conn. Ave.

I work on Wisconsin Ave (near Sidwell Friends) and that's the way I go. I also sometimes take Mass Ave. When I go home, I take Mass Ave. and pick up at 14th and New York and go back to Horner. Hope that this helps! [:)]

Mrs. S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic