Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPW Board of Supervisors on Hybrid/HOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PW Board of Supervisors on Hybrid/HOT
    Posted: 15 Jan 2005 at 10:58am
The PW Board of Supervisors meetings are now broadcast on Comcast Channel 23. I spent a while yesterday watching the meeting and have a couple of things I wanted to mention.

Tom Fahrney of VDOT was before the board and was questioned by Supervisor Corey Stewart. Mr. Stewart said that he was a former slug and is concerned about the HOT proposals. He also said he was really getting the emails from slugs on this. He is a good guy and appears to definitely be on our side. He asked VDOT about the status of the HOT proposals and Fahrney said that it has apparently moved to a next phase in which the companies are going to provide much more detail on the proposals. He said that he would get Mr Stewart some more info on the schedule etc. (It looks to me like VDOT is acting like this is a done deal - looks bad to me).

Separately, Supervisor Connaughton asked him for more info on the HOV utilization, in reference to the hybrids.

Bob

PS. If anyone else sees one of these meetings please post your notes on this board.

defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 8:52am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]The PW Board of Supervisors meetings are now broadcast on Comcast Channel 23. I spent a while yesterday watching the meeting and have a couple of things I wanted to mention.

Tom Fahrney of VDOT was before the board and was questioned by Supervisor Corey Stewart. Mr. Stewart said that he was a former slug and is concerned about the HOT proposals. . . .

Separately, Supervisor Connaughton asked him for more info on the HOV utilization, in reference to the hybrids. . .

Robert Lang had quoted Supervisor Caddigan as saying that HOT "is light at the end of the tunnel." You need to e-mail Caddigan to let her know to ensure that HOV-3 remains free.

Also Supervisor (at large) Connaughton, needs the same message, as he strives to become the Lieutenant Gov.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic