Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging North

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg698220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slugging North
    Posted: 18 Jan 2005 at 10:31am
Are there any "slugs" who live down near Louisa, Mineral or in that general area? If ther are, can you tell me what slug-line you use? Is it easier to get to RT3 or get on I-95 and go to US17? I am thinking about moving down south of Lake Anna in preperation for retiring.

Thanks,

Bill M
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2005 at 12:06pm
I don't live that far, however, I know someone who does and he says for now he goes to the Rt. 17 commuter lot because it is only 1/4 of a mile from I 95. Apparently the Rt. 3 lots are farther in from I95 with a lot of stoplights. He also mentioned that there was talk about starting a slug line farther south (maybe at Rt. 208?), but that until something closer to him takes off, he is happy with Rt. 17. Hope this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by wmcg698220
[br]Are there any "slugs" who live down near Louisa, Mineral or in that general area? If ther are, can you tell me what slug-line you use? Is it easier to get to RT3 or get on I-95 and go to US17? I am thinking about moving down south of Lake Anna in preperation for retiring.

Thanks,

Bill M

Road Warrior View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2005 at 12:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by rale
[br]I don't live that far, however, I know someone who does and he says for now he goes to the Rt. 17 commuter lot because it is only 1/4 of a mile from I 95. Apparently the Rt. 3 lots are farther in from I95 with a lot of stoplights. He also mentioned that there was talk about starting a slug line farther south (maybe at Rt. 208?), but that until something closer to him takes off, he is happy with Rt. 17. Hope this helps.

quote:
[br]Are there any "slugs" who live down near Louisa, Mineral or in that general area? If ther are, can you tell me what slug-line you use? Is it easier to get to RT3 or get on I-95 and go to US17? I am thinking about moving down south of Lake Anna in preperation for retiring.

Thanks,

Bill M

Rt 17 is the better of the two choices...I live off Exit 126 and avoid Rt 3 like the plague. In the time it takes me to exit at 17, go to the lot, drop my riders and get back on 95 South, I would not have even reached the Rt 3 lot.

As for starting a slug line at Rt 208 (which I live 4 miles from), that will never happen until VDot or the State does something about the backup getting from the Rt1/Hood Drive light to the commuter lot. It is probably the worst possible setup in the area for the timing of lights versus the number of cars waiting to turn or proceed through the light.

A solution to the problem would be to make an entrance ramp from the 208 lot directly onto 95 North and an exit ramp from 95 South into the commuter lot (with either a sign clearly stating that there is no re-entry to the southbound lanes or make an HOV-3 exit). I know this will never happen and therefore, IMHO, I do not forsee a slug line at 208 in the foreseeable future.

John
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2005 at 1:03pm
i'm curious. and please don't take this as offensive or anything, its a strange phenomenon that many people do. why do people "quote" things when it is right there above your post? hmmm.
wmcg698220 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg698220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 12:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by rale
[br]I don't live that far, however, I know someone who does and he says for now he goes to the Rt. 17 commuter lot because it is only 1/4 of a mile from I 95. Apparently the Rt. 3 lots are farther in from I95 with a lot of stoplights. He also mentioned that there was talk about starting a slug line farther south (maybe at Rt. 208?), but that until something closer to him takes off, he is happy with Rt. 17. Hope this helps.

quote:

Thanks,

Bill M

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic