Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disgusting Morning Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disgusting Morning Radio
    Posted: 21 Jun 2002 at 12:19pm
Twice now I've ridden with the driver of a Dodge Neon from 234 to the Pentagon (picks up about 0620hrs). The first time I endured the radio program "Elliot in the Morning" on DC101, thinking it would be a one time thing. The second time, I mentioned that the program was offensive to me, but he only turned the volume up. I will not ride with him again. You make your own decision!

Macey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2002 at 12:43pm
Appreciate the heads up.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2002 at 2:32pm
I hate to hear of these things happening but unfortunately, I know they occur. One advantage to Slugging is that you can choose, as you have done, not to ride with that driver again! Maybe one day that driver will get the hint.

vanran View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2002 at 2:28pm
Hey there --

I feel for you. When I slug out of Horner road in the mornings to the Navy Yard, there is a younger man (28-36) driving a white cadilac (sp?).

He is "chewing" tobacco and spitting into a pepsi bottle while listening to Howard Stern.

The amazing thing is, that he cares so little about his passengers, he does this with gents and ladies.

He is absolutely disgusting. But, I choose to ride because I care more about getting to work than putting up with disgusting people.

I actually had a guy who picked up out of 234 (I used to slug out of there) driving a two door, manual speed VERY SMALL car to the Navy Yard. That's fine. The only problem was, the car was horrificaly dirty. Gosh -- it was gross. Crumbs on the seats (all of them) and trash and paper and everything just everywhere. It looked like the bottom of a toybox that has gone unnoticed for five years and the parents allowed candy and crackers and cookies into the kids room. Not a fun ride. I choose not to ride with this guy anymore. It's just too gross.

vanran
Cas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2002 at 2:54pm
Vanran:
The "Mr.Chewing-tobacco-spitting-in-a-Pepsi-bottle-while-listening-to-
Howard-Stern" driver does not deserve you as a rider. Does not! Does not! I imagine you may not get as many drivers for the Navy Yard as drivers going to other destinations and that is perhaps why you opt to go with this guy. If you ever move down to Fredericksburg, come to the Rt. 17 lot. We get a fair number of Navy Yard drivers and they are nice, normal and courteous people. On a personal note, I've had the disgusting radio station bit happen to me more than once, along with the driver snickering all the way, and now the first time a driver plays such a radio station is the LAST time I get in with that guy. It is not only the fact that the driver has absolutely no consideration of the riders by playing the trash to begin with, but to have to also listen to his childish snickering has brought me close to screaming for the idiot to stop and let me out!!!!!!

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2002 at 10:45am
Different subject but since there seem to be a lot of comments on the Navy Yard - how is the Navy Yard slug line working? Is the return line functioning?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic