Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV on Jan 20, 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610toCrystalCity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV on Jan 20, 2005
    Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 9:00am
I know most people are off especially if you work for the government, but if you have to travel to work like myself tomorrow here are the HOV rules. I called Virginia Department of Transportation this morning and they told me that the HOV lanes going will be going Southbound 95 from 1pm today Jan. 19th until 9pm Jan.20, and you must have 3 people in the vehicle sill. Therefore all northbound traffic will have to use the regular lanes in the morning. YUCK!![V] Good luck to everyone who has to work like myself tomorrow.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 9:32am
That clears some things up, because I was thinking that the HOV could not be open tomorrow morning because of the 14th street bridge closures and the 110 closure. Thanks for the info. But, I would think that drivers WILL need slugs tomorrow afternoon and the only way to have them is to pick them up AM
hurelycove View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurelycove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 2:28pm
Tomorrow should be an easy day to drive in regular lanes with govt off. Like a holiday when the govt is off, commuter lot is pretty empty. I wouldn't bank on getting a ride tomorrow slugging particularly WNY rides. Many contractors are also taking day off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic