Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking around Bob's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking around Bob's?
    Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 7:15pm
So, when the parking lot behind the old Circut City building fills up, and the spaces alloted to commuters in the Giant parking lot all fill up, where do people go? Frequently, I arrive there at about seven-thirty, only to find all my options gone. I had been in the habit of parking just on the other side of the lot, closer to Giant and out of the commuter area, but it looks like after almost a year of my doing so (along with a small handful of other drivers), they're starting to crack down on commuters parking there. I try to get there earlier, and if I'm there between seven and seven fifteen, things are usually ok, but sometimes I get delayed or run late.

Where do I go?!?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 7:32am
The church on the corner allows parking in their lot. I believe only part of the lot is available though - not sure which part.

kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 7:40am
wow, it really fills up? you can park from BB&T all the way to KMart.
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 10:45am
Parking has been tight around Bob's for some time. There is really nothing after 7:45. The church, Legion and Springfield Plaza lots are well past capacity. A big problem is that pick-ups are active all the way until 8:45 on most days, with drivers outnumbering sluggers by quite a bit. More parking is badly needed. Unless something has changed very recently you CAN NOT park all the way to KMart. Well, you can but there are only a few authorized spaces in the KMart lot. Most sluggers seem to be using the regular shopping center spaces on a daily basis. The day that management figures this out and cuts a deal with a towing service, they will make enough to send all their kids to college. There are that many sluggers filling the spaces that are supposed to be for shoppers. There is really plenty of room for all, but more spaces need to be designated as "legal." Who do we need to lobby to get this done?
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 10:47am
I should have said most sluggers parking after 8 AM seem to be using regular commercial parking spaces or are being dropped off to slug.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 11:19am
... and remember there have been numerous false starts to get slug lines going over at Springfield Mall where the free parking designated for commuters (near JC Penney) is underutilized. [:(]

Looks like breaking the Bob's habit, especially for drivers and slugs living east of I-95 (Kingstowne, Hayfield, etc., is a hard thing to do.

Good luck, & hope you can work out something.
Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
genibee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 8:26pm
That's the thing - everybody parked in a non-designated commuter space yesterday got a warning notice from the mall and their towing company. I'm assuming that this means the end of my once or twice a week "sneak park" in those spaces.

I'd jump on a Springfield Mall line in a heartbeat - it's just as close and if it has parking, that would be fantastic.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 10:12am
Maybe once some cars that are parked in non-commuter spots at Springfield Plaza get towed and ticketed, there will be more momentum and interest to get slug lines near JC Penney at Springfield Mall going for real.

S Mall seems to be a good option since there is plenty of commuter parking and very easy access to I-95/395 HOV-3 from the Franconia-Springfield Parkway (Va 7900).
Keep on sluggin'! [8D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic