Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to Slug-line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Slug-line
    Posted: 25 Jun 2002 at 10:40am
Just moved to the Stafford area and work at the Nebraska Ave Complex. I have had alot of people tell me that slugging is the way to go. Can someone give me a little insite of this whole slugging thing? Like whats the best time to get to a lot, whats the best lot to go to and what I would need to do to get a ride. Am looking for a ride to Pentagon or Rosslyn(since I see its the most popular) and would take Metro from there to Nebraska Ave, and vice versa in the afternoon. Thanks in advance. DaveT

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2002 at 6:54pm
Welcome DaveT. Your best bet is to go to a known slug line and wing it. Everyone there will be glad to answer your questions. I'm not sure where you live in Stafford but the 610 lot is an active line and you should have no problem getting to Pentagon or Rosslyn. Then you can refine your play as you become more familiar with the lines and the best hours for them. Jump in Dave, it's a great way to commute!

Mike

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2002 at 6:55am
I agree with Mycroftt - slugging is a great way to commute. Slugging is like a carpool but without the hassle and cost. Start with the Stafford 610 slug line and slug to the Pentagon. For more detail on times and directions see the page devoted to the 610 line at:

http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Route_610.asp

Just as Mycroftt stated, if you have any questions just ask someone in line and they will be more than willing to help. Everyone has been in the exact situation you are in when they started slugging.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic