Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Line at 14th & NY in Afternoon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Line at 14th & NY in Afternoon
    Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 10:40am
I've noticed lately that there is a second line split from Horner Road at 14th and NY in the evenings around 5:00 p.m. Whoever thought of splitting that line is genuis. That makes so much more sense. It seems like there are only a handful of people going to Potomac at that time and the ladies I see with signs seem to be masterminding in getting rides quick with those signs. I sometimes fall in line behind the Potomac line when I go over there and I'm amazed at how fast I get a ride and how well it works. Kudos for starting that second line. Good thought on starting that admin! We sluggers to Potomac appreciate it!

Off to Potomac Mills!!!!
nicholelee25 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholelee25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 11:12am
Thanks for the vote of confidence! We have taken a lot of flack from Horner riders over the past several months about "cutting in line." But we all know that Potomac riders and Horner riders are using two different exits i.e. Its ridiculous to think riders advertising their desire to be dropped of at Potomac Mills are cutting in the Horner line - when is a totally different location!
THE SIGNS REALLY DO WORK. Some drivers find it much more convenient to drop off at Potomac as opposed to Horner. The drivers often thank us for having the signs and saving them the trouble of going to Horner because they just assumed everyone at the pick up location were going to Horner.
WE MADE OUR SIGNS ON POWERPOINT.. feel free to bring your own to the line!![:D]
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 11:17am
I too find it convenient standing in the Potomac line in the afternoon. Having a sign makes all the difference too - you get picked up so much faster. It really is nice. I want to personally thank that "genuis" Enuf is referring too for thinking up the division. It really has been a huge help.

Cruisin in HOV
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 3:41pm
I'm coming down to the Potomac Line tonight about 4:45 p.m. What side is the line on at that time? I've seen people have been moving it down opposite of the Horner line and some down to G Street. Do you know if something is going on?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic