Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLetter from Del. Mark Cole re Hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letter from Del. Mark Cole re Hybrids
    Posted: 10 Feb 2005 at 2:47pm
Thought I would share his response to my e-mail regarding ending the hybrid exemption. I had also asked that the Edsall Road exit letting EVERYONE on until Springfield be closed as well but he didn't touch on that. I had also written Sen. Chichester and his reply was "OK, Thanks." Mind you, I didn't vote for either for these guys.

"From: del_Cole@house.state.va.us
Date: 2005/02/10 Thu PM 01:33:09 EST
To: res190hm@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Repeal the Hybrid Exemption in the HOV Lanes

Thank you for contacting me regarding hybrid use of HOV lanes. The Federal Highway Administration has notified VDOT that they were reviewing Virginia's policy. Since the interstate HOV lanes were built using federal funds, they have a say regarding our policy. This has caused us to hold off on any action regarding the HOV policy. Regardless of what the FHA decides, as more people start driving hybrids the policy will probably have to change. Additionally I would like to see stricter enforcement of HOV
rules. The HOV Task Force Study indicated that there are nearly twice as many people are using HOV lanes illegally than there are hybrids.

Mark Cole
Delegate, 88th District
Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Fauquier Counties"

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic